User User name Password  

Monday 29.4.2024 / 01:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > help with copying a health and safety dvd that i own?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help with copying a Health and Safety DVD that i own?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
robspro
_
8. June 2014 @ 13:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

Don't know if i am posting this in the correct place, forgive me if i am not - need some help with duplicating a CITB skills dvd - Health,Safety and Environment test DVD.

I have the original DVD, bought etc, i am trying to make a back up copy and so far have created a number of "coasters" - all claim to have completed successfully but fail an authentication test before installation starts. I am presuming this application is embedded within the file structure of the dvd, but was hoping there was a work around. I don't believe this is a standard copyrite block as such , like on dvd movies, audio discs etc, this is something different.
I have tried Anydvd, clone and DVD43, but all produce the fails - has anybody come across this and can offer a solution?

Would appreciate any help/advise/work round etc

Rob
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. June 2014 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Post the problem at the VideoHelp site.
See if they can suggest a fix.
http://forum.videohelp.com/

Something like CGMS protection??? but I assumed that was for VHS analog stuff.
robspro
_
8. June 2014 @ 15:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

Thanks for the reply - will post there

Thanks

Rob
tongs007
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by robspro:
Hi,

Don't know if i am posting this in the correct place, forgive me if i am not - need some help with duplicating a CITB skills dvd - Health,Safety and Environment test DVD.

I have the original DVD, bought etc, i am trying to make a back up copy and so far have created a number of "coasters" - all claim to have completed successfully but fail an authentication test before installation starts. I am presuming this application is embedded within the file structure of the dvd, but was hoping there was a work around. I don't believe this is a standard copyrite block as such , like on dvd movies, audio discs etc, this is something different.
I have tried Anydvd, clone and DVD43, but all produce the fails - has anybody come across this and can offer a solution?

Rob
what i would do is put disc in tray, right click "open" on the tray that its in, it should bring ts and vob files up, copy and paste them files to pc, and use a programme like convert x to put it on disc, i could be wrong never had the format your trying but ive done loads of copies of health and safety clips for my work place as they only have one copy, PS i am a supervisor lol
Advertisement
_
__

_
tongs007
_
8. June 2014 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tongs007:
Originally posted by robspro:
Hi,

Rob
what i would do is put disc in tray, right click "open" on the tray that its in, it should bring ts and vob files up, copy and paste them files to pc, and use a programme like convert x to put it on disc, i could be wrong never had the format your trying but ive done loads of copies of health and safety clips for my work place as they only have one copy, PS i am a supervisor lol
you will have to merge them files also
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > help with copying a health and safety dvd that i own?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork