User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 01:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > newer dvd-r movies not loading.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Newer DVD-R movies not loading.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
OMG77
_
27. March 2012 @ 01:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Samsung BDP-1500 and I use Verbatim DVD-R and DVD+R DL for my dvd copies. I have never had any problems with the discs before. Lately, I've noticed that my dual layer burns are fine but I'm having a heck of a time getting the blu-ray player to load any new DVD-R's. Old burns are seem perfect. It just tries to load over and over again and then it kicks out the DVD and says "Disc cann't be played". I can try several times and it will eventually load and play fine from that point on. I have tried the DVD-r's on several different DVD players and they load good too.

I use Imgburn and have not touched any of the settings in the last year. I also do a "verify" after each burn and it is successful. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. March 2012 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you using the Verbatim 'Value Line' disks - because these seem to be universally rated as second rate.
Post at the Imgburn forum for additional responses.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=7a...dc3&showforum=6
OMG77
_
27. March 2012 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No, not using Verbatim "Value". Just the regular stuff.
Advertisement
_
__

_
OMG77
_
27. March 2012 @ 21:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Problem solved. I tried burning the same movie with a printable Verbatim DVD-R and the movie loaded perfectly fine. It appears that the spindle I bought online is bad/defective. This is the first time that I have ever got a batch of bad Verbatim DVDs.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > newer dvd-r movies not loading.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork