User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 22:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > ripit4me and compressing
Show topics

Forums
Forums
RipIt4Me and compressing
  Jump to:

Posted Message
TheOther123
Inactive
_
12. October 2012 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I'm still using ripit4me and I have a question when I start wizard mode and I'm ripping in full mode for ALL MOVIES but for some movies under DVD info it says it need to compress x amount of percentage to fit on a single layer DVD well the thing is I'm welling to burn it on a dual-layer DVD so I can keep everything that comes on the DVD and plus keeping the great quality of the original DVD but what I had bumped into not really paying attention to compression is after burning results of the DVD are terrible quality
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
12. October 2012 @ 01:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Isn't ripit4me kind of an old outdated program.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
ps355528
_
8. November 2012 @ 18:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's really simple.. stop using the wizard "one click" mode.. it was built specifically to auto create 4.37 iso's so that option is the only one you have. You will have to click a few more buttons.. what a chore eh? The next version planned did have a sl/dl option for the resulting iso, along with a sensible layer break choice as the plan was to dump shrink/decrypter burning engine and use imgburn, but as everybody remembers only too well.. it never happened thanks to the cartel mafia activities

As for the "awful" quality when ripped to s/l size.. I'm puzzled as it was just fine for up to 180 mins with only a little compression artifacts visible in dark areas. Just stick to the rules for s/l dvd.. 720x576, max 2 audio tracks and dump all the "extras" junk and you will still get a fab_dvd rip of a film up to 3 hours total on a single layer (see what I did there JT?).. or for dual layer manual rip and set no size limit for resulting iso. If you are using the one my good friend leaked (final final final.. same number as immediate previous.. has a text file with jkz id) it has a slightly improved PSL dumper/bad sector jumper and surprisingly it still works well on most disks. I use the base script to this day to rip protected films.. which is rare.. because who buys dvd's these days?

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
JST1946
_
8. November 2012 @ 19:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the info but I don't even use the program. I use DVDFab.

_
14. November 2012 @ 18:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Still Buy DvDs

Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
14. November 2012 @ 19:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I still buy them also.They always have them on sale at Walmarts for $5.00.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > ripit4me and compressing

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork