User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > unable to burn dvdrmovie onto dvd+r
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Unable to Burn DVDRMovie onto DVD+R
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tcabin01
_
26. June 2013 @ 22:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a movie in DVDR format (there is a VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folder with necessary movie files). The movie is in DVD5 format (4.37GB). I am trying to burn it onto my Verbatim DVD+R blank DVD (4.7GB) using CDBurnerXP. When I try to burn it, I get an error that there is not enough space. I believe in the past I had the same problem with Ashampoo.

How do I resolve this issue? The movie was ripped in DVD5 format, so it should be able to burn onto a regular DVD, but it is not working. Why?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. June 2013 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I assume that the source is on the HDD and not on a DVD disk.
Run DVD Shrink, click 'Open Files' and select the VIDEO_TS folder.
If it loads OK, click 'Backup' and select the HDD as the target.
Give the folder a name and click OK.
The default settings of DVD Shrink should ensure that the size is correct for a DVD 5.
Try the burn with the new VIDEO_TS as the source.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?d=DVDShrink32_w_ImgBurn.rar
_
2. December 2013 @ 18:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Also:
As your burner become old, start no recognizing DVD+R. So is time for DVD-R.
NOTE: Remember they are finicky.

Good Luck.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
2. December 2013 @ 20:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No dvd-r is a crap format prone to read/write issues far more so the dvd+r,came across an article when i was researching something a few months ago

_
4. December 2013 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Produce it. (link) Thx.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. December 2013 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if i come across it again in my travels

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > unable to burn dvdrmovie onto dvd+r

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork