User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:01
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > calibrating luminance levels/color for capture from vhs
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Calibrating luminance levels/color for capture from VHS
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Cherbette
_
16. September 2011 @ 13:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am operating in Windows XP and using the latest version of VirtualDub to capture via my Diamond One Touch VC500 from VHS tapes...I am capturing in uncompressed AVI (UYVY it says for Capture Pin Color Space). I am trying to figure out how to get the best dynamic range out of my capture with the lights and darks and then hopefully calibrate the colors. I capture uncompressed so I will have the highest possibly quality to work with for restoration and then converting to MPEG2. I am still a bit of a newbie but any help would be much appreciated as to how to properly achieve the best range in color/contrast from while capturing...the default levels for brightness, contrast, saturation, hue etc via the DC500 are TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > calibrating luminance levels/color for capture from vhs

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork