User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 07:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > dvdexpress v pinnacle
Show topics

Forums
Forums
dvdexpress v pinnacle
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mickthejoiner
_
24. October 2012 @ 15:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi I started out with one of these devices using the Capwizard software, it worked OK for a short time ,then I started having problems with the sound(it stopped capturing sound after 13 seconds)then it would tell me there was copy protection on the tape!!(they were home video camera recordings)after waiting nearly 2 months on a reply and not getting one I binned it, and bought a Pinnacle HW SET DVC100 Rev1.1. I use the Pinnacle Studio software to capture the VHS tape to my HDD then use Nero Vision/Video to edit and burn to DVD, the quality of the captured vhs video can be altered in Pinnacle or Nero, but I prefer Nero, the quality of the DVD is very good. The plus factor in using Pinnacle device is that it bypasses the protection on copy protected videos, I've copied nearly 40 Disney tapes (for home use only)without a problem. if using the pinnacle with Windows 7 you must get updated drivers from Pinnacle.
JST1946
_
24. October 2012 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like a good deal to me.Thanks for sharing the information with the rest of us.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > dvdexpress v pinnacle

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork