User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > scene detection in digitalized home videos
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Scene detection in digitalized home videos
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Hakfu13
_
22. August 2011 @ 13:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Greetings, (Posting on this subforum since video-editing software one is bugged)

I've been going through a big project with my dad to digitalize all of our old home videos. Basicly what we've done so far is to get the video data from the old media to hard drive, so now it's all about editing.
Some of the videos date as far back as the 80's and the newest are a couple years old.
The software we used automatically detected scenes from the DV-material, but was unable to do so on the analog stuff.

So, the thing is, we have tons and tons of old analog video converted into mpeg files. It would taked ages to go through them all just to split every scene. (We don't even know how many scenes there are per file)
I'm under assumption that Sony Vegas Pro 10, the editing software we're using, doesn't have any kind of scene detection from video files.
Is there any program available that could help us out by automatically splitting the video files based on scenes? (Preferably doing so without having to transcode the file)

Thanks in advance!
-Hakfu

P5N-e Sli | E8600 | SLI GTS250 | Kingston 4Gb 800mhz | Xi-fi XtremeGamer | HP ZR24w | Logitech G15 | Logitech Mx518 | W7 64bit Home Prof |
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > scene detection in digitalized home videos

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork