User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > .dtshd files. can i burn to a bd-r?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
.dtshd files. can i burn to a BD-R?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jay4
_
14. February 2012 @ 23:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi there!
thanks to Verbal for the tutorial on MultiAVCHD.
I have a bunch of .dtshd 7.1 surround files.
what do i need to put these onto a BD-R for audio playback only?
i did a search, but i got snowballed under with different info.
regards
jay4

jay
rulisky
_
23. February 2012 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I take it that these are more or less like any other file(s) on a computer.

Are you able to play these files, as they are, on your computer? If so (you have playback software), then you should be able to play them from a disc using the same software.

ImgBurn will burn files to a BD-R. Try one disc and see what happens. Should be good. If not, it is only one disc to try.
jay4
_
24. February 2012 @ 07:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rulisky:
I take it that these are more or less like any other file(s) on a computer.

Are you able to play these files, as they are, on your computer? If so (you have playback software), then you should be able to play them from a disc using the same software.

ImgBurn will burn files to a BD-R. Try one disc and see what happens. Should be good. If not, it is only one disc to try.
hello rulisky!
thank you for posting.
the .dtshd files don't play on the computer.
i tried with AVCHD and ImgBurn, and they actually burnt to a BD-R but as a AVCHD VIDEO and considerably larger than original audio files. the files were about 13gigs altogether and they were encoded to about 27gig. only one track would play, and i had to do a title search to play the next track. these little apps are fantastic!
i'll give the audio disc a miss for the moment, and keep doing the video's-i'll revisit this one some other time.
you might be able to help with AVCHD question. the video's burnt to BD-R play nicely, but i can't press backward button to play a previous track. an example, say if i'm playing track 20, and i would like to play track 12 again, it only goes back to start of track 20. is there something i'm not doing in the settings/author/menu?
regards
jay4

jay
Advertisement
_
__

_
rulisky
_
24. February 2012 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad you had some success. Sorry that I can not help further, was hoping that simply burning them to a BD-R would be the answer.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > .dtshd files. can i burn to a bd-r?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork