User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > burning dts-cd in windows 7 x64? not working?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning DTS-CD in Windows 7 x64? Not working?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Soulman1980
_
27. December 2010 @ 15:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I appreciate if anyone has insight to this.

I'm having trouble getting DTS .WAV files to open/play and even burn under windows 7 64-bit.

In the past I've done this successfully by using ffdshow to enable DTS playback through Media player, and by burning the .WAV's to "Audio-CD" in Nero w/ DTS plugin. This was in an windows XP environment.

NOW, in the windows 7 64-bit environment, I can't get media player to play DTS wav files at all (w/ FFDSHOW installed, and "Check for DTS WAV" checked, and DTS set to encode in FFDSHOW config.

The same files I burned in the past, play fine in 5.1 through VLC. However, not only does WMP (or WMC) NOT play the files (it is just static as if no DTS codec existed), but Nero does not recognize the .WAV files as DTS (under properites within Nero 10 it shows as 2-channel). If I rename the .wav extension to .DTS, Nero picks it up and displays as "6 channel audio", but burns static as audio-cd. Burning the WAV also burns static as Audio-cd.

As I've mentioned, I've burned these same files in the past in an XP environment, but it seems like there is a missing element with FFDShow and Media player in windows 7. I'm going to guess if I can get the .WAV's to play through media player, they will burn properly through Nero.

Sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to avoid the typical "Make sure you burn as Audio-CD" and "you have to have a DTS device" responses.

Anyone able to successfully burn a DTS-CD Audio CD in Windows 7 64-bit?

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > burning dts-cd in windows 7 x64? not working?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork