User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:17
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > hd audio playback from laptop to av receiver
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HD audio playback from Laptop to AV receiver
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JoeNewbie
_
10. March 2010 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am looking into backing-up my blu-ray movies as mkv, avi or mpg files with HD audio (dts-hd, dolby trueHD, etc.)

I have a dell M1130 laptop (w/HDMI1.3 out & SigmaTel HD on-board soundcard) and want to play the mkv, avi, or mpg files through my Pioneer vsx-21txh AV Receiver via hdmi to get the HD audio. Will I need special software to playback the HD audio? Thanks in advance!
elnegrld
_
26. May 2010 @ 06:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't think that you will need any other softwares to play the audio file to get the HD audio output, as you have already converted the music files to an extension that's recognised by the receiver. Just connect it and see if your receiver is compatible to play the avi and mkv files specifically as there are some that don't support these two music files.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > hd audio playback from laptop to av receiver

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork