User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 17:24
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > which audio codec for blu-ray
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Which audio codec for Blu-ray
  Jump to:

Posted Message
BigToke
_
15. February 2010 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just bought the Onkyo AV Receiver (HT-R670) and was wondering if anyone knows which audio setting is the best with the PS3 since both support 2 channel linear PCM, multi channel PCM and Bitstream. Also should I use the PS3 or reciever to do the decoding?

It's a 7.1 receiver but plan on using the extra channel to Bi-amp the front 2 speakers since I'm hooking 2 CV 15" 3 way speakers 5" mids and 2" tweeters in an acoustic suspension as my front right and left. Will have a powered 10" sub, dual 4" mids and 1" tweeter center channel and dual 3 1/2" mids with 1" tweeter rears.

Just got my 65" mitsubishi tv and this will be my first component system (everything else has been HTIB crap) so any advice on settings or speaker configuration would be greatly appreciated. I plan to upgrade to Klipsch speakers as budget allows but with the recent tv, receiver and couch purchases that may be some time. Thanks in advance for all your help
bobchew
_
16. February 2010 @ 22:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does it play dts hd maser audio? in 6 channel? dtshd
BigToke
_
16. February 2010 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes, the reciever supports DTS HD 6 channel but I thought only the new PS3 slims support Bitstream. I have a launch 20GB and a 2nd gen 80GB PS3, so as I understood it I'm not able to use DTS HD. Thanks for taking the time to help a noob out.
Advertisement
_
__

_
bobchew
_
17. February 2010 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no worries mate..ive been tinkering with dtsd files for while now master audio too..they're big! just trying to them to play is the problem
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > which audio codec for blu-ray

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork