User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > having codec issues? look here.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Having Codec Issues? Look here.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Arnold2
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
9. January 2007 @ 05:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just a suggestion: RockXP allows you to retrieve your XP product key that you used when you installed Windows XP, as well as keys for other Microsoft products. This can come very handy if you need to reinstall but have misplaced or lost the CD cover with the serial sticker. In addition, the program also lets you save the product activation to a file, recover usernames and passwords contained in the Windows Secure Storage, as well as MSN logins, Internet connection parameters and more. Freeware
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/rockxp.html
good luck...
video how to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTC5YGMHBa8

Grateful for any and all helpful information and guidance. Thank you arnold2

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. January 2007 @ 05:13

Advertisement
_
__
yandao87
_
20. March 2007 @ 01:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi,

i've read tonnes of guide and researched many websites for .ogm files, and i come to this conclusion, if wrong , please correct me.

.ogm is a media container.

to play it,

i'll need a splitter/directshow filter(qn:are they the same thing???) to recognise the container first,
EITHER illuminable ogg codecs for windows at http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/
OR OGM DS Package at http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_..._directshow.cfm

next, i'll need the correct codec to play the file
e.g. XviD, DivX, etc

now, i meet up with a problem. i've installed illimnable's ogg codecs, but i can't play .ogm video files, but i can play .ogg audio files. my ogm file has mp3 audio and DivX video. i have both codecs.

is it because i don't VobSub installed? :<
btlmonkey
_
25. March 2007 @ 09:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
newbie question
I need to ask what is a good DVD player for my PC, nothing I try for WMP9 works it keeps telling me to lower my resolution and display settings...any sugestions??
cimike
_
8. April 2007 @ 13:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a bad quality of all downloads.
i used to have red/green lines all over the downlaod or some white spots as i played them with a bs player. i've installed K-Lite codec Pack . i don't have any red/green lines, but the picture is kind of blury and not really clear. how can i improve this?

on some downloads the picture is still bad (blury) and i have the right codec according to GSpot. (it says: codec is installed).

the pic seems so be different every time i use another player. with bs-player was okay (white spots, but clean pic) and now with K lite codec pack it's blury.
and when i burn it on a dvd the pics remains the same as it was on the pc (white spots or blury). what shuold i do? how can i get rid of this problem?
DSMKilla
_
12. May 2007 @ 13:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am a bit confused on codecs as I feel like I might be installing multiple programs that use the same codecs and I believe that it's starting to conflict with certain programs. What codec packs should I be installing? Right now I have

Codecs6030_allinone
ffdshow
divix521
XviD
and Cyberlink PowerDVD

I am assuming that by having all of these installed at once is probably not the correct way to be going about things. Could someone please advise?

Thanks
CColtManM
_
24. May 2007 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, maybe it's time the main post gets updated for HD codecs and the such.

All good things must come to an end... Nothing in this world lasts forever... -- On a wall in Pompeii
lpaj
_
11. July 2007 @ 00:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i hope this wasnt commented on on the previous 10 long pages, but if it is lemme know.
so i downloaded the k-lite codec pack version 3.25.

so surfing the internet and wanna watch some vids. however whilecliking on the link, and this only occurs on mpg vids, it opens up windows media player 11 (wmp).
here's the rub, it downloads (as per the blue progress bar on wmp), finishes, i hear a little bit of audio but no vid. it can be rectified 2 ways: either clicking on the same link again or if i close the vid by pressing CRTL+W, press play and it works. inspite of setting to "repeat play", it will not repeat.

the odd thing is that if i uninstall k-lite, and repeat the same process on an mpg i have not viewed yet from the same web-page, no issues: it downloads and plays and repeats.
it seems that k-lite is the culprit, but i still need to to properly view other vids.
any ideas how this can be fixed?

cheers
_
31. August 2007 @ 02:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by booty:

I just tried downloading it again. It worked fine. it's a .zip file. are you having trouble downloading it or unpacking it? if its unpacking probs then just re-download it. if its downloading probs maybe your cookie or internet security is too high. other than that im not sure but heres the link again...and for everyone who just wants to be able to watch your videos, clips and movies off your harddrive then download Divx Total Pack 1.7. it takes care of everything...but dont quote me on that:)

http://www.quellicheilpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146

p.s. its a slow server sometimes so have patience...i think it might be located in italy too.
@booty
i tried your link but it just takes me to a page in Italian i think with
"Informazione
L?argomento richiesto non esiste."
Wharever that means (looks like doesn't exist), but no download link.

Tare69
_
31. August 2007 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My codec problem fixed with installing K-Lite codec packet + MediaPlayer 11... Now it seems to work but I have problems with AIW X800GT setup... We have PAL standard in Finland and I get NTSC-card from USA (it have sold me as PAL version :) and I can't get it work with Digi & analogic system. Only some other driver ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver works with some cards drivers (no same set, sht software to get work) so it don't work now... (please heeeeeeelp http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33892531 )...

- Tare69

- Tare69
Tampere
Armo_Babe
_
27. November 2007 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
can anyone help me out here please

i'm trying to burn a movie from my computer to a DVD
i tried Nero.Ashampoo. but both keep telling me
that decoder's not compatible
what can i do so that i can change the decoder , with what and to burn the movie

thanks in advance

ArmenianBabe
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. December 2007 @ 14:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Armo_Babe:
can anyone help me out here please

i'm trying to burn a movie from my computer to a DVD
i tried Nero.Ashampoo. but both keep telling me
that decoder's not compatible
what can i do so that i can change the decoder , with what and to burn the movie

thanks in advance
try DVD Flick

Nothing here to see, move along folks.

lexus500
_
18. January 2008 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Chaps,

I've always used the k-lite codec packs with no probs, uninstall previous versions and codecs... all over the web but a mirror for the latest version as at Jan18 can be found here;

[url=http://www.boltfile.com/download/3fc04a63][/url]
lexus500
_
18. January 2008 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Don't think the URL worked above

Boltfile Mirror
fionabh
_
19. January 2008 @ 04:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried the Vista pack but kept geting DEP errors. I am now going to install the klite. Is there a how to manual as I tried before and was still not able to view on my media centre extender? (Xbox360)
FireWire2
_
23. January 2008 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm in the same boat, after months of reading page after page in different forums
I have very vague idea about these codec(s).

A friend of mine who works at Seagate shows me a 3x5x6 High Definition media player plays DVIX, XVID, MPEG, AVI, ISO, IFO, MPEG1/2/3/4, MKV, M2TS(Bluray), WMV, MP3...

I bought that piece!.
Guess what my Media Center now collecting dust (4yrs old system)
No more codec, just rip, download and watch!

In case you want to know this HD media player:
Here is it: http://www.datoptic.com/cgi-bin/web.cgi?keywords=TVIX

They have more than one model but the M4100SH is the one I got

Anything is possible! There is an expensive way and smart way
[ul=http://www.amazon.com/Network-player-built-support-M2TS/dp/B002R8G6FQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1261594905&sr=8-5] EP6000B - HD Network Player with BT built-in [/ul]
TVIX M6500A / M-6620N - HD player
Duo Core 2.6GHz with 3DB implement
mierda05
_
4. April 2008 @ 02:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i can hear my avi but it has no picture, any advice?
Advertisement
_
__

_
Peter789
_
29. April 2008 @ 08:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey im pretty new to all this codec stuff
But if anyone can help please do.
What i have is this program called Jodix free ipod converter. For a while now i have been converting rmvb. files to ipod format(mp4).
But recently i have tryed to convert an rmvb file and an error came up saying it could not read the file or something like that. The program reccommended that i download a codec thingy like K-Lite, i most likely dont know how to use it, but i tryed converting again but the same message popped up.
PLease Help
What does anybody reccommend.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video playback problems > having codec issues? look here.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork