Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problem with DVD Labels
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kevin1488
_
10. August 2004 @ 16:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have put several DVD labels on my backups and have had some problems with them playing in players that i have played them in before without labels please help anyone..... thanks everyone
ntjones
_
10. August 2004 @ 16:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Kevin,

As many others will tell you, the solution is...don't use labels! :)

The best options are 1) a sharpie (my personal favorite) or 2) getting a printer that will print directly on the dvd's (have not tried this myself).

The press-on labels are bad because if they are not put on EXACTLY right, they will throw off the spin of the disc or something like that, and you will have the problems you are having now.

HTH,
Nate
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. August 2004 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There is an orange base solvent called GOO GONE sold in almost every hardware store and chain store like Wal Mart that will remove the label without and damage to the DVD. Just wet the label well and let it soak in good. It should SLOWLY pull off. Any left over glue will rub off with a soft cloth and more GOO GONE.

Jerry
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. August 2004 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sharpies rule!!
thanks for the tip jerry,i didnt know anything like that existed.

need help? read this thread first-->http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > problem with dvd labels

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork