User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 03:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > annoying newbie questions about phoenix 2.3
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Annoying newbie questions about Phoenix 2.3
  Jump to:

Posted Message
aoughton
_
12. August 2004 @ 02:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all,

I hate being a newbie and asking questions which I'm sure are probably stupid, but I've tried my best getting things to work, and I can't. So I'll ask you guys!

Anyway, I succesfully backed up my copy of Sonic Mega Collection using ISO Ripping Server, and succesfully got my gamecube to boot it using Paradox Disc Server 1.3 Beta.

However, I'd like to use Phoenix as it provides N64 and NES functionality. When I try to run my already ripped copy of Sonic Mega Collection, the gamecube just hangs on the "Loading" screen (after you press start). Watching the link light on my switch, the gamecube seems to be constantly resetting its network connection don't ask me why.

I then decided to try the same thing using a direct, crossover, connection to the gamecube. Same result.

I then decided to try the same thing using a direct connection, using a different machine. Same result.

So I decided there could be something wrong with my rip, and decided to try ripping it again through Phoenix. Phoenix starts ripping, and gets right to the very end. When the gamecube stops sending, Phoenix just starts saying "Packet lost, attempting retry" over and over again. If I press "stop", Phoenix threatens to delete the image. I closed Phoenix by the X button instead of clicking "stop", and this saved what I had of the image.

I've no idea if the image I got was complete, but I can certainly boot the new image by going back to Paradox Disc Server.

So does anyone have any thoughts on why I'm having so many problems with Phoenix, and not other software?
indienemo
Account closed as per user's own request
_
12. August 2004 @ 04:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There really is no problem here right? Why dont you rip the games with Iso ripping server then play with phoenix 2.3? Also Paradox Disc server 1.4 is out now which is apparntly more reliable...

"Life is like a box of chocolates, whenever it comes to me all that is left is toffee logs" - Me.
------------------------------------------------------
PC: Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.4Ghz, 2GB DDR2, X850 PE GFX.
GC: Viper GC w. Cobra bios 1.2
X360: Kreon 1.0 Drive, Softmodded console

aoughton
_
12. August 2004 @ 04:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like I said, I'd like the N64 and NES functions.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > annoying newbie questions about phoenix 2.3

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork