Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows XP SP2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
RedAnt
_
12. August 2004 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. August 2004 @ 05:01

Advertisement
_
__
cozza1987
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. August 2004 @ 06:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That is the Network Edition for IT Professionals and Developers.

As stated on the Microsoft Site..
This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network.

DO NOT CLICK DOWNLOAD IF YOU ARE UPDATING JUST ONE COMPUTER: A smaller, more appropriate download will be available soon on Windows Update. To receive this download, turn on the Automatic Updates feature in Windows XP to receive an optimized download of SP2.

SP2 will be avaiable on windows update in a week or so.

Regards
CoZZa

#ad_buddies ... come and have a chat
SERVER: /server irc.addictz.net:6667
CHANNEL: /join #ad_buddies

RedAnt
_
12. August 2004 @ 11:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the heads up :)

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Xian
_
12. August 2004 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's the Network Edition for IT Professionals and Developers but it is still well worth getting if you don't want to wait. The network version just means that you can download it as a single file and install it from there instead of having to go through Windows Update. That's more handy for me anyway. If I have to rebuild my computer I will already have it and won't have to download it again after reinstalling XP. Also since my wife and kid both have a computer running XP I only have to download it the one time instead of having all 3 pcs download it from Windows Update. The version from Windows Update, when they post it later, might be a little smaller than the Network version, but I just look at it like I am getting the full version, not just a piece. I prefer having the files local. I do the same with all my updates, DirectX, or whatever. Download the full thing instead of the little installer stub that requires you to download more during install.
Advertisement
_
__

_
cozza1987
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. August 2004 @ 16:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes that is true Xian, but i think the main reason why they dont want everyone downloading that is, 1 they wont need to download something that large (280mb) for updating one comptuer and dont want everyone getting that at the same time like the other service pack will be.

If you have more then one computer, yeah get it, but if you only have one, your just wasting your time downloading that.

Regards
CoZZa

#ad_buddies ... come and have a chat
SERVER: /server irc.addictz.net:6667
CHANNEL: /join #ad_buddies

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > windows xp sp2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork