User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 13:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > toshiba bows out of laptop business
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Toshiba bows out of laptop business
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

Toshiba bows out of laptop business

article published on 10 August, 2020

Japanese electronics giant has no presence left in laptop and PC market where it was operating for three and a half decades. Toshiba transferred its remaining 19.9 percent stake in Dynabook to Sharp earlier this month. The transfer was enabled through a share purchase agreement reached between Sharp and Toshiba in 2018 when Sharp initially acquired 80.1 percent of Toshiba Client Solutions ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
sikosrus
_
11. August 2020 @ 18:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I own A toshiba laptop that one of my customers gave to me because she was so frustrated with it. It's slower than the second coming of Christ!
Advertisement
_
__
Ethrieltd
_
13. August 2020 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I owned a Toshiba Satellite laptop many years ago. It was (I think) a Pentium Pro with 8mb of RAM and a 800mb HDD...

...if you moved the pointer while Winamp 2.86 was playing it skipped and skittered all over.

Carrying it around was like hefting around a bag of bricks, but then it was the late 90's and all tech was HEAVY!
YOBUZZB
_
15. August 2020 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was never a Toshiba fan in any regard. So I won't miss it. I've never owned anything from them. However, it's always a sad thing for a company to go down, even partly. Anyone know where they'll be concentrating there efforts now?
spiritrider51
_
18. August 2020 @ 11:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sad that it's usually the disgruntled that offer testimonials. I have owned multiple Toshiba products throughout the years and never had any issues that could not be easily resolved. Toshiba was hailed as producing the most maintenance-free products in the industry.
I still own Toshiba equipment. Sorry to see it go.
Peace.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Bozobub
_
19. August 2020 @ 04:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I owned a Qosmio X505, and while a good design, the actual execution was a bit shoddy. Its drivers were also a buggy mess. Nonetheless, it was still a good system, if overpriced.
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > toshiba bows out of laptop business

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork