User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 20:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > windows 11 unveiled: ui completely redesigned, free for windows 10 users
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Windows 11 unveiled: UI completely redesigned, free for Windows 10 users
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

Windows 11 unveiled: UI completely redesigned, free for Windows 10 users

article published on 24 June, 2021

Microsoft finally unveiled its latest operating system, Windows 11, today. The user interface has been completely redesgined, but other major changes occurred, too. Most visibily, the taskbar of Windows 11 looks totally different from anything we've seen in Windows. It is actually taken mostly from abandoned Windows 10X operating system project that Microsoft had in its plans for light-weight ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message

2 product reviews
_
24. June 2021 @ 14:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am genuinely excited!

:/
Advertisement
_
__
nchantim
_
24. June 2021 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh look, OS-X
Well, at least there's colors and gradients in the GUI again.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. June 2021 @ 15:35

johncs
_
29. June 2021 @ 11:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yet, another piece of garbage from Microcrap!
Windoze 10 never got properly fixed. Looks like they gave up on it,
and are giving 11 away to Win 10 users (suckers). As far as I'm concerned, they can shove it where the sun don't shine!!!

I still have and often use my old Win XP desktop. It actually runs
faster than my Win 10 3 year old desktop. Go figure.
Chenis666
_
12. July 2021 @ 21:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and with TPM 2.0
johncs
_
13. July 2021 @ 10:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am genuinely excited! ??? You gotta be kidding!!!

Microcrap should first fix WIN 10 before coming out with yet another
piece of garbage!
Windows11isgreat
_
14. July 2021 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually Windows 11 was beautiful(but not VERY useful). Microsoft should update the UI of WIndows so it will only look better:)
jezchrizt
_
25. July 2021 @ 17:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Windows update nobody wanted or asked for. Some [insert abuse word here] trying to make a name for themselves or justify a stupidly large salary.

Also, for the love of God stop moving things around in office 365 admin.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Windows11isgreat
_
26. July 2021 @ 23:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
finally Microhard canceled the need of TPM 2.0 in Windows 11(it sounds ridiculous, because Microhard always put users' security in the front place)
sumin89
_
26. July 2021 @ 23:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your article is very good.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. July 2021 @ 23:41

Bozobub
_
10. August 2021 @ 22:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Meh.

First off Windows 10 is fine; it's FASTER by far than XP (and can handle RAM and storage media that would simply melt XP into a pile of quivering bytes) and Windows 7, no matter what people care to insist, FAR more stable than XP, and somewhat more stable than 7. Yes, really; I've seen the benchmarks and ran them myself, as well.

That's ONLY if, however, you make all the necessary changes to turn off telemetry, pith Cortana, and a lot of other things (such as retaking control of updates). Before then, yeah, 10 is crap ^^' .

My main problem with 11, is that it's a very obvious attempt to remove even more user control, in favor of an Apple-style model, and I simply won't tolerate that.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
12. August 2021 @ 12:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not much we can do about it I guess... Maybe there will be a PowerUsers pack to give back some control/customization. Base OS for the general user, add-on pack for those want the power to break things XD.

Account Created Saturday 12 January 2008. After 13 years I consider myself a Sr. Member no matter WHAT my post count says.
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > windows 11 unveiled: ui completely redesigned, free for windows 10 users

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork