User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 10:09
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > whats your favorite movie .........?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
whats your favorite movie .........?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:1234Next >
wonderboy
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. November 2002 @ 16:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dont have a favorite but I do have foavorites for different situatuions and genres..I like the Matrix when you have a nice 5.1 digital surround sound system that you can play loud hear every punch, bullet, and explosion. Comedy one of my favorites is Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler). Of course there is my chic flick pick...kate and leopold is a very good chic flick......

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. November 2002 @ 16:38

Advertisement
_
__
_
6. November 2002 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2001, a Space Odyssey, (for me) the best movie ever done by far, followed by Citizen Kane, Blade Runner and Ran.

"You know, it seems that quotes on the internet are becoming less and less reliable." -Abraham Lincoln.
Staff Member
_
10. November 2002 @ 07:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My favourite movie of all time is ofcoarse "Silence Of The Lambs"
_
11. November 2002 @ 00:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice pic. I also liked it. And they could just leave it like that. There was no need of a sequel, not talking about the absolute crap it was (I'm talking about "Hannibal", of course. I haven't watched "Red Dragon" yet). But, money is money...

"You know, it seems that quotes on the internet are becoming less and less reliable." -Abraham Lincoln.
Staff Member
_
11. November 2002 @ 10:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ye hannibal was terrible wasnt it! Red Dragon is excellent but still nothin compared to silence of the lambs
_
12. November 2002 @ 00:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In Hannibal, they changed the final of the book. In the book it was weird, an absolutely stupid ending, but in the movie it got even much worse. But one thing is for sure: Next time I see Ray Liotta, I'll imagine him with his skull opened up X-)

It's a pity how Ridley Scott is getting a worse director day after day... It sounds incredible, but the director of Alien, Blade Runner, The Duellists, Legend, Thelma and Louise, Black Rain, and so on, is the same one behind G.I Jane, Black Hawk Down, 1492, Hannibal... :(

And, am I the only one who thinks that Gladiator is not such a great movie?

Hope I'll be seeng Red Dragon soon, when I have the time to. Then I'll tell you :)

_
18. November 2002 @ 10:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Red Dragon seen, at last. And liked it. If some of you disliked, or even hated "Hannibal", don't be afraid. You can safely try this one. Much better by far.
Staff Member
_
18. November 2002 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh definetly. Couldn't agree with you more!
bang
_
5. December 2002 @ 20:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
BLADE RUNNER!
But also recommend Dark City (which Matrix stole its story from) and Blood : The Last Vampire (only problem Blood is very short 46min)
Staff Member
_
6. December 2002 @ 10:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Brand New Favourite Movie guys!!

8 Mile

Saw it last night and never thought it would be so good. Even if you hate eminem or rap in general, trust me, you will be surprised how much you enjoy this masterpiece!
Easycola
_
9. December 2002 @ 16:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Few favorites:
Das Boot - U96
Memento
Come and See
...and lots of others...
VCDjunkie
_
10. December 2002 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hands down, the matrix all the way. Can't wait for THE MATRIX: RELOADED and THE MATRIX: REVOLUTIONS to come out 2003.

"I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole really goes.." -Morpheus
Staff Member
_
11. December 2002 @ 06:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The Matrix was cool but i think it lost what i liked about it around the 100th time i saw it!
_
11. December 2002 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Let's summarize :)

VCDJunkie: What do you think about the screenplay-rip-off Bang was talking about somewhere above? }:-)

Bang: Dark City is a nice one for real, but Blade Runner really kicks ass (Director's cut, please!)

Dela: I hope to be watching 8 Mile soon. I don't like Eminem, but I'm quite sure that I'll love the movie. I heard Eminem's performance is surprisingly amazing... And Curtis Hanson is a great director (L.A. Confidential, a must-see!). Have you visited the website? It worthes a glance: http://www.8-mile.com
Staff Member
_
11. December 2002 @ 13:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ye I've seen the site, tis pretty cool. As for eminem's performane as an actor, he surprised a helluva lot of ppl!
VCDjunkie
_
11. December 2002 @ 14:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
matrix = dark city remake?

Don't think so .. the idea that you have the human race fooled into thinking that they are living a life that they are not, this is true.. but other than that, they are not even closely related.. Matrix has ppl plugged into machines, Dark city is like a big hallucination.. plus Matrix is full of action and Dark City is just plain boring, I have to say that Dark City was very well thought up, but not quite the genius that was put into the story line of the Matrix.. Sorry, you don't have me convinced.

Staff Member
_
11. December 2002 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'd definetly prefer the matrix!
VCDjunkie
_
11. December 2002 @ 15:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Right on Dela!

wonderboy
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. December 2002 @ 21:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Raises hand matrix......yeah dela 8 mile was good and I liked the ending which almost all of my friends didnt get ....
_
12. December 2002 @ 01:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The plot of The Matrix is pretty similar to Dark City's, but not that much, you're right, VCD. In fact, I enjoyed a lot watching The Matrix. All I say is that it's not such an original thing. Not talking about the script, the way in which the action scenes are performed was being done in Hong Kong movies for years before The Matrix was even thought of. Big jumps, slow motion, and so on. Great movie, but not a 7th art masterpiece like many other science-fiction ones: 2001, Blade Runner, Alien, Total Recall, and, more recently, Spielberg's AI and Minority Report.

PS: Please, please, don't tell anything else about the ending of 8 mile O:-)
Staff Member
_
12. December 2002 @ 07:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought that ending was fantastic wonderboy. I don't see how you couldn't get it! Perhaps they had a really bad copy and couldn't hear half the movie.

VCD & dali: I reckon the best of the matrix is still to come. It still hasnt ended so we can't throw a verdict on it yet!
VCDjunkie
_
12. December 2002 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also love Braveheart with Mel Gibson, was my favorite before Matrix came out.. still one of my fav's of all time! The storyline may not be original, but how many movies are there that don't borrow some things from other movies?

Staff Member
_
12. December 2002 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Braveheart is one of the best movies ever made!! VCD, you have good taste :-)
rad
_
16. December 2002 @ 22:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What about The Godfather (1 and 2 that is)?
Lawrence of Arabia?
The Exorcist?
Gone With The Wind?
High Noon?
Chinatown?
etc, etc
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
17. December 2002 @ 00:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Bringing up baby", "All about Eve", "The great dictator", "Scarlet Street", "The asphalt jungle", "Citizen Kane", "October", "Metropolis", "Intolerance", "Arsenic and old lace", "One, two, three", "Sunset Boulevard", "The killing", "The wild bunch", "Spartacus", "Gallipoli", "Jason and the Argonauts", "Freaks", "The front page", "The Passion of Joan of Arc" (the original one by Carl Theodor Dreyer), "The seventh seal", the "Three colors" trilogy by Kieslowski, "Psycho", "The Rope", "Vertigo", "Close encounters of the third kind", "Gilda", ... Well, I could go on for years.

You know, Rad, some people just find it difficult to think of the classics when claiming that some film is one of the best ones ever shot. Anyhow, Dela is still young and I'm sure he loves the medium for real, so he'll have time to watch all these movies tons of times <evil-evil-grin> ;)

Braveheart is a good movie. I liked it. But there's too many pictures out there to say that it's one of the best ones ever made. Apart from this point, it's good entertainment, of course, and the script is also fine, but I think they altered a bit its "presumably historical" background like in Gladiator (did anyone else find this movie quite boring, like I did?)

Please, Dela, don't kill me for this X-)

Page:1234Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > whats your favorite movie .........?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork