User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 01:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > can hear sound from my home theater speakers but no voices
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can hear sound from my home theater speakers but no voices
  Jump to:

Posted Message
K9mama
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. January 2005 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have recently connected an onkyo AV Receiver HT-R320 to a new HDTV. I have connected my DVD player and my VCR. I can hear sound out of all of my speakers (5 speakers). I can hear music playing and songs being sung but I cannot hear people talking from the DVD or the VCR. I don't have a clue why you can hear sound but no voices talking. If anyone has a clue, I could sure use some help.

Thanks
ghost640
_
10. January 2005 @ 06:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sound like you have no signal going to your center channel, or that its volume is low relative to the other speakers (Voice is usually carried over the center channel).

I'm currently using my TV speakers for a center channel, and have to turn them up rather high to hear voices over the rest of the system.

1 product review
_
31. January 2005 @ 00:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ghost640 is right. Check your center speaker connection and make sure that possitve and neggative are correct.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > can hear sound from my home theater speakers but no voices

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork