User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 00:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: upgrade your xbox hdd (super tutorial)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HOW TO: Upgrade your Xbox HDD (Super Tutorial)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
14. March 2010 @ 00:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
theres a few different setting in the bios that you can change i cant exactly recall but i had to change one of mine in order to get it to read the HDD for the installation, it may have been the smart feature im not sure. i think its somewhere in this thread that i saw it just be patiant you'll find the answer in time

Xbox v1.4-UnleashX 39.0528A-80gb HDD
PSP God of War edition-CFW 5.00 M33-6
PS2-McBoot 1.8-500GB External
Advertisement
_
__
dab0ne

1 product review
_
14. March 2010 @ 17:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If I soft modded my xbox before upgrading my HDD... will i need to redo the soft mod or will my xbox still have the soft mod with my new HDD?
ddp
_
14. March 2010 @ 18:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Kyther, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 6 lines of text which includes the blank line.
4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.
_
15. March 2010 @ 07:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I apolagize for that DDP ive had that Sig for quite sometime noone ever mentioned it to me. As for you dab0ne im not sure how your trying to softmod it (im not sure if i can use names or not) but i use Ndure which doesnt require the cracks in games. it soft mods the original HDD then you back up the eeprom, retrieve that and you have to re install it into the new HDD and soft mod it again if you choose to, this also allows you to just upgrade the hdd and use the ms dash if you want an original but with a larger hdd. I can help further if needed

By the way if theres anything im not suppose to share let me know please

dab0ne

1 product review
_
15. March 2010 @ 12:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yea, I got the HDD working... you were right about the BIOS. I went into my computers BIOS and made sure the boot sequence was CD-Rom then Hard Drive. It was really screwing up because I had to go into my bios and redo those setting everytime I restarted my computer. Once I figured that out it was all good. After I installed my new 320gb HDD i had to redo the softmod which was cake since I already had the files on the AR Max. I just popped in splinter cell and thats all she wrote. Thanks for the advice on the BIOS. That suggestion led me in the right direction which ultimately made my mod possible. Cheers.
_
15. March 2010 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No problem glad i could help, word of advice though if your bios is resetting everytime you may want to make sure the battery on the motherboard isnt about dead. If you dont mind my asking what dashboard/softmod did you decide to use, i had to use ndure unleashx since i couldnt get my hands on an AR

dab0ne

1 product review
_
15. March 2010 @ 20:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I Used Unleash X as well but I did have an Action Replay. Chunkheads tutorial suggested this for novice users so that what I did. About my computers motherboard battery, you could be right. The computer I was using was an old gateway desktop from 2001 or something. After I got this stuff to work I sat down with my wife and had a long talk about upgrading our desktop. I have a descent laptop but that wouldnt have really helped me here.
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
16. March 2010 @ 08:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sadly i had to go the more elaborate wqay AR is a hard item to find took me 3 days to get everything right but i managed as for gateway havent seen those towers in years good luck personally i recomend hp less issues with them from my exp

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > how to: upgrade your xbox hdd (super tutorial)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork