User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > howto:safer way to delete sounds/pics off phone****look here****
Show topics

Forums
Forums
HowTo:Safer way to delete sounds/pics off phone****LOOK HERE****
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
mossyy
_
27. February 2005 @ 19:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This how-to is from Howard Forums, original is available at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517113

first (as always) BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES!!!!
if you have flashed / flexed use flextool to extract the files/seems from your flex ahead of time that way you have easy access to the files and the directory tree)

leave the root (/a) files ALONE

Next make sure that ALL ringstyle sections are set to silent. this includes the answering machine option which is hidden in the v620 / v600 /v500 series firmware... enable it via seem edit (sorry dont know the offset or address you can use p2ktools to enable) again make sure all ring styles say silent and ringer id's are off and reminders set to off, no alarms are setup.

make sure that you are not using a theme (do a master reset/clear...) you can delete the themes from the themes menu....

then using p2kman,p2ktools ETC to select the files (pics/sounds) that you wanna dump. Then change thier attribute to 0 (or in p2ktools uncheck "system"

^^^^in sounds you must leave one .mid one .imy one .mp3 (the .mid and the .imy MUST be an orig)

in pics you MUST not delete AOL_Branding_WVIM_Splashscreen.gif
WVIM_Splashscreen.gif

if you want your camera to continue working LEAVE the wav files in system alone....(you can delete the shutter sound files leave the count_down files so the timer will work)

I also in pics deleted all the .ems .emp files and wp_XXX and wv_emoticon files

$$$&&** addendum, if you delete all files in a category (IE: skins...) the category (directory) is also deleted so be careful ) for EX: i got rid of all my mmstemplate files EXCEPT for one the smallest one for me was "let's meet"
same deal with videos.....

go back to you phone select the category (IE:multimedia>sounds) select one file hit menu key , in the menu choose mark (for faster selection for rest of files scroll the list and use 0 to select the rest of the files that you want to delete) mark all the files you wanna dump....after done with that then hit menu again and choose "delete all marked files?" choose tyes and confirm.

BOOM all gone

****restart fone**** and check that you can still get into ringtone detail.

if so you're all good

**** note to the paranoid you can do a one by one deletion with the first parts of this method, if a file is in use , the phone will say "XXX is in use, delete anyway?" SAY NO!!!!!!

ok this also works for the video files.....

Cool eh?
beats the crap outta the "0 byte" file method and has a built in fail safe if you do the one by one method and no need to delete the "db" files either

as it stands i have 6700k free space leaving one video and ALL of the mib.pcf files, all of the certs, and kjava files (careful there java wont work if you delete the wrong file which i have not found which are safe to delete discovery is a painful process ,,, ahh the pain of being a pioneer had to reflex my phone no less than 5 times thus far)

For most up-to-date how-to, visit the original source at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517113

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. April 2005 @ 10:38

Advertisement
_
__
_
8. March 2005 @ 19:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Stickied.

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
mossyy
_
9. March 2005 @ 07:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thnx Nephilim

So MuCh TiMe YoU wAsTeD, ThAtS wHy I hAd 2 RePlAcE YoU....
_
9. March 2005 @ 07:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anything for you mossy ;)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
LiNx88
_
2. April 2005 @ 07:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I didn't have any problems with deleting ALL of the original ringtones - I didn't leave any original .mid or .imy's. On a T720 it still works perfect.

mossyy
_
4. April 2005 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LiNx88

well sometimes depends on the fone, like Vxxx could happen something to it,,, anyway glad to hear that u delete them and ur fone still works with no problem...

bkim6
_
23. July 2005 @ 18:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nevermind!!! sorry!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. July 2005 @ 18:46

yermaum
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
31. July 2005 @ 16:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anyone know if you can erase/delete the original animations and mp3's on a motorola v220?
QuantumX
_
2. August 2005 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a thread entitled 'can someone send me a V220 file??' because i erased the first file in the sounds menu. It started with an A and came before bits and bytes, i forget the name. Now i cant set mp3s as ringtones, and cant access loud detail. Can someone send me the file perhaps? Or does anyone know another way to fix this. Thx in advance.

Mind Over Matter
Buzz710
_
14. August 2005 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a way to delete the factory pic's in the V710??
also

I was told that verizon locks out alot of things on their v710. I was also told there's a way to open/unlock it. Does anyone know where or who I can find out how to do so???

Not at this time
b2kfn75
_
9. September 2005 @ 15:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I deleted the ringtones I could no longer get into my ring details. Did I do something wrong or is there something more that I need to be doing?

Lady T

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. September 2005 @ 12:39

junior_m
_
4. December 2005 @ 04:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello all clever and genious' in mobile stuff.first of all hatsoff to the great help u have been rendering out through this forum.
i have a new motorola razor v3 with video recording.i did some mischief in editing the seems or deleting the custom made ringtones,wallpapers.
and now i see that i am not able to get any sound when there is an incoming call from few phones including mobiles.
another problem is that in the settings>ring styles>details>when i click the right soft key for details the mobile is reverting back to previous menu and not getting in to details page.i mean it is getting back to ring styles page.
my last problem is when i am going in to phone book>scrolling down to a name stored in phone book>clicking view>edit>ringer id>and when i click the scroll button after scrolling till a few ring tones the phone is getting back to the main screen.
i actually deleted almost all the custom made ringtones and wallpapers from my phone through p2kman.ofcourse i reloaded them back in to the phone but it didnt solve the problem..is the problem because of my deleting the ringtones and wallpapers?
may be i didnt load the attributes correctly for all of them cos i loaded 4 attribute to all of them..
i know that there are experts out there who can help me out with these problems..plssssssssssssssssssss
some body help me out i am lot scared.i got my lesson that u should not play with technology unless u r an expert
but please some body help me out
plssssssssssssss
plsssssssssssss
plsssssssssssss for gods sake some one show up..and u will be my angel
thanks a ton in advance....
regards
junior
_
24. December 2005 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
how you get V3 WITH video recording?

3.2Ghz P4 775, ATi X700 Pro 256mb, 1GB DDR2,Asrock 775Twins-HDTV S/L, Maxtor 10 160GB SATA, NEC 4571 DVD±RW DL/RAM, Pioneer 110 DL/RAM, Hiper Type R 480W.
----------------------------------------------
Satin Silver Ltd. Ed. PS2, 200GB Maxtor HDD, Swap Magic 3.3, Slide Card, HD Advance 3
n3rxs
_
29. December 2005 @ 04:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, first v3 with video is easy, mine has it. Second Junior, you need to go back into the phone and delete the two db files for your ringtones. They are MyToneDB.db and TempToneDB.db. They are in the audio folder, then reboot your phone, these files will be re-written based on what ringtones you have left and BAM, you can get into Ringtone Details again.
mossyy
_
29. December 2005 @ 06:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
n3rxs
is right but i wanna add something to junior_m and all motorola phone users ALWAYS BACKUP before doing anything!!!

junior_m
_
29. December 2005 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks a ton...i did as u said and my phone is working fine now..
learnt a lot of modding wit help of all u guys out there..
i will keep modding..
regerds..
junior
junior_m
_
29. December 2005 @ 08:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
and thanks for the advice guys..
i never delete anything with out backing up and this too is on advice of fine people like u all..
great going...
junior....
mossyy
_
29. December 2005 @ 15:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i am glad to hear that :)

_
30. December 2005 @ 11:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi people, i have a Black Moto V3 and my sister also has a V3, but silver.

I got mine a couple of months ago, wheras hers is only a couple of days old.

My V3 doesnt have Video rec. but hers Does!

So did Motorola release the V3 with video rec afterall?

And would it be possible to get my phone swapped with the shop i got it from since its on contract?

Just jelious that we have the same phone, but she has the Video Rec. option! :o

3.2Ghz P4 775, ATi X700 Pro 256mb, 1GB DDR2,Asrock 775Twins-HDTV S/L, Maxtor 10 160GB SATA, NEC 4571 DVD±RW DL/RAM, Pioneer 110 DL/RAM, Hiper Type R 480W.
Satin Silver Ltd. Ed. PS2, 200GB Maxtor HDD, Swap Magic 3.3, Slide Card, HD Advance 3
mossyy
_
30. December 2005 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the did release the video recording and its new feature in the V3, the best thing i'd say try to go to the shop and c what they can do for u :)

bklizard
_
2. January 2006 @ 20:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually, BootME, you can actually re-flash/flex the phone or both phones to the most current software version to allow for video recording... You will need to download PST (Motorola flash and test commands) utility or similar to update your phone. Be sure that your phone is fully charged (or mostly charged) before doing so, as this process will drain a bit of power... losing power in the middle of this power will result in a dead phone. You can find these files for your V3 here:
http://motox.us/monster_packs.php
(Files with flex included
[u]***Be sure to backup your phonebook, photos, videos, custom ringtones, and/or animations or themes. The flex process will leave you phone in a factory state, with only all the original files and settings. You will need to re-customize your phone or re-upload these files after the flashing is complete. The only thing that it does not affect is your SIM's phonebook/applications.***[/u]

I think if you only want to enable video recording you will only need the re-flash for it; found here: http://motox.us/reflash.php
It's the first one on top (R374_G_0E.42.0ER_reflash_MOTOX.shx)
Again, you will need to acquire the PST tools...

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. January 2006 @ 20:56

bklizard
_
2. January 2006 @ 21:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This site has great resources for everything about V3 / V3i / V3x phones.
_
4. January 2006 @ 04:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think i will call into my Contract supplier, and see if they can swap it for the latest one with video recording.
I emailed motorola support, and they said that its the latest update to the phone that enables video recording.
What gets me is, why didnt the enable video recording for its release?

jlavah
_
14. March 2006 @ 16:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i used to always bleep up my phone until this guide came out!!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. April 2006 @ 17:08

Advertisement
_
__

_
emilamino
_
17. April 2006 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PLZ HELP!!! i got slvr l7.. i messed around with my phone through p2k tools and got stuck with couple of problems... i cant access my videos folder and i cant change the style of main window from list to icons! PLZ HELP! thank you

yayaya

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > howto:safer way to delete sounds/pics off phone****look here****

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork