User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 00:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > audio and video are not synchronized
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Audio and Video are Not Synchronized
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Dok
_
4. March 2002 @ 13:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm experiencing difficulty converting DVD's with a frame rate of 23.976 fps to DVD-R wihout some sort of synch problem. The typical scenario is the audio will fall further behind the video as the film progresses.

Firstly, I obtain the DVD data (i.e. aspect ratio, frame rate, etc.) from DVD2AVI.

Secondly, I let DVD2AVI create the .d2v and .wav files, using Forced Film and Dolby Digital Decode settings.

Thirdly, I load the 2 files into TMPGEnc and select DVD-NTSC (as there is no selection for NTSC Film), and increase the audio volume under settings. The 3:2 pull down is automatically selected by default and the only other adjustment I make is to select High Quality under Motion Search Precision. I make no changes to the Advanced tab unless I want to Clip Frame. I do not load the default TMPGEnc's settings for DVD-NTSC as I noticed this changes the read-out at the bottom from 23.976 to 29.97 (Perhaps this is my mistake).

Any assistance in resolving this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
4. March 2002 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, problem is with framerate. Audio is always in certain length -- video is the one that framerate change effects to. So, if audio falls behind, it means that video goes too fast (==too high framerate, in your case 29.97) and vice versa.

Tweak with the fps and IVTC (3:2 pulldown) settings and you should be ok.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Dok
_
6. March 2002 @ 02:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRD,

Could you please be more specific re: the steps I need to take in order to produce a synchronized DVD-R.

I tried the 3:2 pulldown and no luck. I'm making a back-up of the DVD Mulan, which is animated. I understand animes are more troublesome.

If all else fails, I'll simply strip the unwanted material in Ifoedit and burn the VOB's to DVD-R.

For future reference, however, I just wanted to know if there was an established work-around for the synch discrepancy.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Timyon
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. June 2002 @ 02:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been ripping DVD's with great sucess. Hut recently I have been ecountering Audio Sync problems the 2 movies were Oceans 11 and Harry Potter bith newer DVD's w/ this Inter Video Player thingy. I have been using CladRipper-DVD2AVI w/ 44khz sound for VCD's Then TEMPEG. It only happens on certain movies is there The one thing I notice is in the movies I mention the video changes from Interlaced to Progressive, to film back and forth. I got a 600mhz PIII. Is there anyone who has solved the audio problem!!!!!???
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > audio and video are not synchronized

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork