User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 21:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > reciever overload
Show topics

Forums
Forums
reciever overload
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
13. March 2005 @ 08:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
for some reason my reciever is now constantly saying overload whenever i turn it on. i removed all the speakers hooked up to it and plugged it into the outlet and it still says overload. it should be working fine. any ideas?

Advertisement
_
__

1 product review
_
13. March 2005 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does the maual cover what this means? What other symptoms have you noticed?
_
13. March 2005 @ 15:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The manual said the speakers impedance is too high, but it really isn't. The receiver isn't working at all. Everytime I turn it on it just says overload and to turn it off.

RCCola
_
13. March 2005 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I own a Onyko 500 and had that exact problem. I would turn it on and click - overload circuit would turn it off. I did the same thing you did to check out my system when it happened. I removed all the wires and plugged it in and same thing. I was lucky and it was still under warrenty. Sent it in and one of the channels was fried. They replaced and works like a champ again. Good Luck - Toot Toot
_
14. March 2005 @ 10:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
that really helps! sadly the warranty coverage is over. i might get it repaired from an electrician or someone like that. is that a good idea.

_
14. March 2005 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i do know that one of the channels is fried but am not sure which one. back in the day when it used to work there would be a clicking sound everytime i turned it on.

1 product review
_
14. March 2005 @ 19:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Make sure the repairs are done by someone who knows wtf they're doing. Hopefully you wont be charged an arm and a leg. Good luck.
_
15. March 2005 @ 10:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think the overload problem is common with the brand of receiver i have. i was reading on another model of the same company and someone said to fix the overload problem you should change the thermal paste between the power moduals and the heatsink. i think ill try this before i go to get it repaired. is this a good idea?

Razz1234
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. March 2005 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
better get a free estimate first...don't wana pay $250 dollars to fix an outdated reciever. Might as well buy a new one with all the features and better reliability.

Sorry for your loss....

My STUFF:

Denon 3805
Yamaha CX-1 DVD Audio player
Paradigm Reference 80 v.2 (rosewood finish)
Paradigm Reference Servo 15 sub (rosewood finish)
Paradigm Reference center v.2
Paradigm Reference ADP surrounds v.2
Advertisement
_
__

_
saea501
_
30. March 2005 @ 02:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Change the thermal past???? That is absolutely comical. That's kind of like changing the air in your tires will give your car more horsepower. This receiver has a problem. Take it to an autorized repair facility and have it fixed, or buy a new one.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > receivers and amplifiers > reciever overload

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork