Forums
Tutorial for V220
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
tcm
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. March 2005 @ 09:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello, I made a tutorial for the V220 Phone. It includes setting it up to work with the BVRP Software Multimedia Center, Making it Java Enabled, and Uploading Java Applications to it. It is very preliminary and I'm looking for some feedback. If you don't like reading, it has tons of fancy pictures. More to come, give me some suggestions.

http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/cdigiamo/tutorial/v220/
Thanks,
TCM

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. March 2005 @ 18:54

Advertisement
_
__
mossyy
_
27. March 2005 @ 18:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nice one man :D

So MuCh TiMe YoU wAsTeD, ThAtS wHy I hAd 2 RePlAcE YoU....
tcm
_
27. March 2005 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks ;)
tcm
_
30. March 2005 @ 06:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can I get a Sticky?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. March 2005 @ 06:36

mossyy
_
30. March 2005 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i cant do any stickie so u have to ask the moderators to stick that, if its worth they will, why not??

So MuCh TiMe YoU wAsTeD, ThAtS wHy I hAd 2 RePlAcE YoU....
_
3. April 2005 @ 22:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Stickied.

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
Road_Hog
_
1. May 2005 @ 02:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry, Posted in wrong thread. Can this be moved to Mossy's thread about unlocking?

Mossy,

I have read the entire thread at least a dozen times. I have D/L mobile phone tools AND the PST programmer. Phone Tools will read my phone just fine, but PST says my phone is not connected. What can I do? My phone IS connected. I am running XP Pro, my phone is a V220. I would like to unlock it so I can change the banner and delete the "locked" files and add games.

Thanx

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. May 2005 @ 02:42

DynoO
_
9. May 2005 @ 23:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i dont remember for 100% sureity but i think you need to change the phone modem to a com port 1,2,3 and maybe 4 the program doesnt read any higher than that i havent done this for a long time
gonavy90
_
16. May 2005 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SWEET JOB!

RT
tcm
_
27. May 2005 @ 16:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello,

Just wanted to say that I added a section for reversing the drivers and I also added a J2ME Java program that you can download and use midway to load onto your phone. It's a simple To-Do List (which the v220 doesn't have).

-TCM
nicktendo
_
28. May 2005 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tcm, *sigh* thank you man! I did what I was trying to do woth your thread what I've been trying to do for DAYS in this other thread!

Hats off!
RooR
_
15. June 2005 @ 05:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thats truely nice...thank you but i still got the problem that i dont have the necessary software for the usp data cabel... can u gimme a link where i can download it?
tcm
_
17. June 2005 @ 08:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you want to do everything you're going to need the P2k Drivers so that your phone installs properly. To do things like upload ringtones or download photos you're going to need Mobile Phone Tools. To enable java settings you're going to need PST Phone Programmer. And to upload the java games/applications you're going to need Midway. I tried to include as many file names as I could in the tutorial. You might get a lot of help using a website such as filemirrors.com and crafting some good search queries.
RooR
_
22. June 2005 @ 11:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
where can i get this Motorola Mobile PhoneTools?
filemirrors.com dont got this to download :S
i just want to get the pictures from my handy on my computer but i only have the usp cable and no software... arent there any links to download all softwares? =/
thx in advance....
tcm
_
22. June 2005 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
filemirrors has it. Just structure your search a little bit better. Acronym the name or search for the version number.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. June 2005 @ 16:44

tcm
_
14. July 2005 @ 17:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just wanted to say that I had time last week to get my hands on a Motorola V180 and a V551 and the tutorial worked perfectly fine for both of them. Motorola V551 users just need to use Mobile Phone Tools version 3.23 (instead of 3.11h).

If someone with privledges could update the tutorial accordingly, that would be great. Thanks.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. July 2005 @ 17:54

motofan
_
27. July 2005 @ 21:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what is a another version that is close to the v220
Jitlo
_
17. August 2005 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
one thing...where can u get phone tools support?....i can't find it anywhere
techking
_
21. August 2005 @ 17:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
test

http://www.againsttcpa.com/index.shtml

P4 2.8Ghz W/ HT
440GB over 3 HDD's
dw-d22a sony DVD Burner
52x32x52 CD Burner by LG
256MB Nvidia GeForce Fx 5500

PS2 Slimline, Swapmagic 3.6, Prodisc Writeable media (cry all you want about it, it works for me)

Xbox with 250GB Seagate HDD, Slayers auto installer, and all the trimmings

PSP with 4GB datel hard drive and X2 Battery
_
21. August 2005 @ 19:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
techking

A simple way to test is to send yourself a pm ;)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
freaky123
_
24. August 2005 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello there,

new to the forums here, and had a question I hoped someone might be able to answer.

I have set up Mobile Phone Tools, and it works fine. Now I am trying to use PST for java enabled games. When I go to create a new file, KJava File is not one of the options to choose from. I have a v220 phone and have used P2k for everything, but it has no option for KJava File.

Any help is appreciated!!
helpme21
_
25. August 2005 @ 13:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been trying for a reel long time to get a driver that will let me put pics an ringtones on my v220. ive looked at the posts on this site a lot, and downloaded mobile phone tools itsays 2.21b i might need another recent link, or a new download. i already got the usb cable, nuthins wrong with that. is says that ive coneccted my v220 every time i connect it. on mobile phone tools, it says initializing.... on the screen, an says phone image not available. when i look at the screen where you see your comp an the plugged in phone, it dosent show any folders on the phone side i got win xp home edition, an this gettin a driver thing has really been a pain. please help me.

i would really love it if someone could help me to get this to work.
Hain
_
2. September 2005 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
helpme21,

Does the phone show as a USB modem in Device Manager when it's connected via the USB cable?
lannigan
_
5. September 2005 @ 13:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok guys, just wanted to let you all know i found a place to download motorola phone tools v3.20. It took me about 2 hours and a language pack install but i found it, so enjoy, you may have to drop your firewall to download this.... enjoy.... :)

http://www.ttdown.com/

use the edit, than find on this page thing in internet explorer for motorola and youll find it....

The Doorbell Rings....
Ahh The Postman.....
Nothin Beats The Smell Of A Freshly Cracked Spindle.....
I Close My Eyes And Smile......
Advertisement
_
__

_
fatmouth
_
6. September 2005 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WOW! Im amazed that you found that in all that nice writing! God bless you! Im sitting here with DSL, and the transfer rate with this thing is 5.78kb a sec. This is gonna take forever to d/l But hey....its free right? LOL

Thanks!!

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > tutorial for v220

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork