User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 12:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > how to make a safedisc mini-image
Show topics

Forums
Forums
How to make a SafeDisc mini-image
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ChunkyNZ
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. October 2005 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I get the same problem as Evil_Zero, I can't get this to work for DVDs. When the DVD drive is selected, the write speed and options disappear, and when the image is created there are no read errors?
Advertisement
_
__
_
8. November 2005 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What is the purpose of a SafeDisk Mini Image?
ruff24
_
25. December 2005 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't seem to get this to work for command conquer red alert 2 because when i try to run the game a message pops up that says please insert the correct disc and restart the game. If someone could help, that would be great thanks.

Hey now.
kartikkr
_
2. January 2006 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey thanks for the amazing steps...but im running into some problems here. I downloaded Ultimate Spiderman.ISO and mounted it on Daemon Tools. Im able to install the game but when i run it, it says "Please Insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application" The message sometimes changes the CD-ROM to DVD-ROM. Please help me find a solution for this. Thanks.
_
21. February 2006 @ 05:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all just tried to create a mini image but cannot change the drive speed but i have done everything else the same. When you download the mini images they are only 10meg but the one i have created is 1.91gig and did not get any read errors! I am trying to do this with battlefield 2 plz help
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. February 2006 @ 13:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Set your profile...er, datatype to safedisc 2/3 since BF2 is safedisc protected and set your read speed to the lowest.
_
23. February 2006 @ 04:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GEESTAR20 YOU ARE A STAR!!! It worked first time!! Cheers dude and yet again you have saved me from sleepless nights!
KEEP IT UP
_
23. February 2006 @ 04:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there any program that you can download to tell you what protection are on cd/dvds? and any program that can that a game sending any information that could get you blacklisted or banned etc?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2006 @ 04:59

AfterDawn Addict
_
23. February 2006 @ 13:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A-Ray scanner would be the best option for your needs.

get it here http://download.copybase.ch/araysoft/Cb/ArayScanner2023.rar

If your cheating (having hax) then you can get banned from servers, but if your using the same key then punkbuster will remove you from there servers for a limited time or will just tell you that your key is already in use.
_
24. February 2006 @ 03:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx for that geestar works great! Read a few things about people using SD4 Hider any info cant seem to find any :/
AfterDawn Addict
_
25. February 2006 @ 04:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SafeDisc 4 Hider is a tool which enables you to emulate SafeDisc v4.60.000 protected games that would otherwise not be able to be emulated due to SafeDisc v4.60.000, which features a new blacklisting method which blacklists Daemon Tools.

New features to this version are:
-Added command line support.
- SafeDisc 4 Hider v1.1 creates a registry backup at the first start which is never touched again (just in case you mess up your registry).
BoJenkins
_
6. May 2006 @ 01:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried doing this and it worked fine, and now I don't need the game anymore (Zero Hour, if you must know) and I created the mini image on my desktop. I need to delete the mini image, but it says that access is restriced because the file is in use by other programs, and that i should close those programs before trying again. I've uninstalled Zero Hour completely by now, but it still won't let me delete it. Any suggestions?
_
6. May 2006 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is it still mounted with deamon or Alcohol 120%?
BoJenkins
_
6. May 2006 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I guess so, yeah. Im new to these programs, we're all noobs at some point ^-^
_
6. May 2006 @ 05:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For you to delete that image will will need to unmount it so you can delete it. I am a noob lol but getting there slowly :/
BoJenkins
_
6. May 2006 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright, cool thanks man. I'll figure it out, now that i have some kind of vague idea of what i need to do.
Zefer
_
27. June 2006 @ 22:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I used this method to try and create a mini image and no matter how large or small the image winds up being, the game will not run when I mount the image on the cd rom drive. I'm trying to make an image of The Sims 2 Nightlife because my roomates own it and we all love playing it and sometimes want to play it at the same time, this will save us money because none of us can afford another copy right now :/.

Anyway I followed the instructions to the letter and after some toying around with it got it to the point where SafeDisc 2/3 (on Alcohol 120%) would give me around 3 MB and cancel the read on its own, dunno if it is supposed to do that. I mounted the image and it loads the Sims 2 Nightlife opening screen, then cancels itself and the Task Manager does not register that it is running. When I mount it using Daemon Tools as is suggested it does the same thing, but if I attempt to run it from the start menu it actually tells me that it encountered an error and had to close.

Next I tried getting a No CD fix, but all I could download were other mini images others had made, and I get the same result. I'm fresh out of ideas after about 8 hours of trying this and I'm at the end of my rope. If anyone at all can tell me what a noob I am and point me in the correct direction please do so, be brutal, I need it apparently ^^;. Thanks for reading this whoever does, I know its long but I figured that I should give all the relavant info I could think of to save time. Emailing me at [noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com] would be helpful too :).

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. June 2006 @ 16:09

_
28. June 2006 @ 16:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No posting email addies - forum rules ;)

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
f12
_
30. July 2006 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tried to make a mini image of the sims 2 university and got the "emulation detected" message (i do have the original game though) deleted Daemon Tools and tired again and got the "please insert disk into drive' message HELP i have been trying to burn this thing for 3 days no joke
_
21. September 2006 @ 13:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yo all u need to do is copy the image
_
10. October 2006 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yo good loking out
Advertisement
_
__

_
eemoshe
_
24. March 2007 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am having trouble with Medieval TW II.
I believe it is safedisc 4.6
I tried setting datatype to safedisc 2/34 and 2/3/4 (emf writer), but I can only do this if the other drive is selected. Once I swith it to the drive that the disc is in the speed option is grayed out.

Help....

p.s. is it possible to make a image of the whole disc as well/ instead???

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > how to make a safedisc mini-image

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork