User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > about "green links"
Show topics

Forums
Forums
About "green links"
  Jump to:

Posted Message
lbethea
_
8. April 2006 @ 18:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Q: What's APS and how DVD copy protection - macrovision works?

A: APS is an abbreviation of "Analog Protection System". APS is to control analog copying from digital transmission or digital copies of linear motion pictures. Macrovision has developed the APS technology designed to distort the unauthorized VCR copying made from DVD programs. When the DVD disc is played back, the encoded trigger bit in a disc activates a macrovision-enabled digital analog chip inside SiS6326DVD and then applies copy protection to the analog output of the DVD player. As a result, a recording made by such an analog video cassette recorder from an input signal which includes macrovision-enabled APS signals, will display an image that appears severely dim or distorted.
Advertisement
_
__
_
9. April 2006 @ 03:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@lbethea - erm, do you mind, what relevance does that have to 'green links' ?

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
andmerr
Suspended permanently
_
10. April 2006 @ 21:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its one of the better off topic replies we have seen.It actually made some sort of sense
_
10. August 2006 @ 06:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey you guys we should all log out and start clicking green links four a few hours and make ad a bit of money

It took God six days to create the Heavens and the Earth...and Monty Python ninety minutes to screw it up!

_
10. August 2006 @ 22:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can't. I'm not a fan of this fake links. My company started to filter them and other ad sites by using an ad-blocking HOSTS file. Eventually we started doing this filtering via our DNS servers. We had a problem when these Intellitxt/Vibrantmedia links first started showing up on some tech and news websites. I like that they don't affect logged-in users but, frankly, I'd rather deal with pop-ups than fake links. I don't mind the ad-posts or the ad bars at the side of the screen or bottom of the page and such.

-Do you believe you own your computer and shouldn't be told what you can run and do? Then say *NO* to Microsoft Vista!
-Since half the questions here involve media problems, here ya go: Only use Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden discs (get your TYs from Rima.com, not Supermediastore or meritline). Forget the rest, no matter what "brand" they sell under. Always burn at 4x speed regardless of the speed rating of this discs or your drive. If you have burn problems with these then you have to update your drive's firmware. For double-layer discs, only use Verbatim DVD+R DL and burn them at 2.4x speed.
xhardc0re
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. August 2006 @ 10:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been on other sites that have these. Don't be concerned about them. *IF* you click the link it will result in some $$$ revenue for this site. Consider it as good as Paypal; for a few seconds of your time every week you can help support AD.

A few months ago I sent an email to one of the sites that uses these (there are different companies that use this concept). They sent back a very polite email telling me how their system works. I trust them & you should not be worried. They will not use any personal information/cookies or otherwise to bother you. However, if you buy something it will make $$$ for AD. That is a nice way to help out a site that HELPS YOU.

Just my .02

if you're a college student, do NOT settle with the RIAA http://tinyurl.com/37oz2z

~ SlimPS2 v15US, PSP v3.60FW, TaiyoYuden DVD-R, SwapMagic_v3.6 & BreakerPro 1.1 (No mod)
Writer: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N 0G03 SW: DVDDecrypt*r,
lastest Nero Ultra 7 & Alcohol 120% ~

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. August 2006 @ 10:29

_
11. August 2006 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I'd rather deal with pop-ups than fake links
Their not really fake links and they are a different colour so its hard to accidentaly click on them.

Max Out Download Speed Using Utorrent http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/335210
Still got slow speeds? try private trackers!
xhardc0re
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. August 2006 @ 14:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
some ppl like to b*tch & moan about the smallest things.
_
13. August 2006 @ 21:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I click on ad links all the time. I don't care; my browser clears it's cookies and caches on exit anyway. Occasionally I do even buy something. But if I weren't a member of AD and I saw those the Intellitxt links, I'd run from the site. Sure, those links are impossible to mistake for legitimate links, just like fake adware pop-ups are easy to tell from real ads, right?

-Do you believe you own your computer and shouldn't be told what you can run and do? Then say *NO* to Microsoft Vista!
-Since half the questions here involve media problems, here ya go: Only use Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden discs (get your TYs from Rima.com, not Supermediastore or meritline). Forget the rest, no matter what "brand" they sell under. Always burn at 4x speed regardless of the speed rating of this discs or your drive. If you have burn problems with these then you have to update your drive's firmware. For double-layer discs, only use Verbatim DVD+R DL and burn them at 2.4x speed.
peter1990
Suspended permanently
_
25. December 2006 @ 13:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
check out www.igotbanned-askmehow.com,its a great site for all ur needs

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. December 2006 @ 01:55

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
25. December 2006 @ 20:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Abuse complaints sent to abuse@savvis.net and abuse@layeredtech.com for all your spams on this and other threads.

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > about "green links"

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork