User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 13:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - general discussion > *look* *read* a warning for everyone *read* *look*
Show topics

Forums
Forums
*LOOK* *READ* A WARNING FOR EVERYONE *READ* *LOOK*
  Jump to:

Posted Message
EviLAnGeL
Suspended permanently
_
3. June 2003 @ 00:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To quote Dex.... "so no matter who says what, I am correct".

It baffles me how you can even say that and then go on about biased opinions. It's just unbelievably contradictory and I've seen you do this several times already. It's there in black and white and needs no further elaboration or clarification. I rest my case. I expect you will alter your post to say something different as you have done before or alter mine. Because you seem to put your foot in your mouth and then you are the one that needs to backpeddle like you did when you altered your other post to include points taken from mine and then you deleted mine. I've seen you do this several times already and obviously you are incapable of debate or flexibility.

Also why can you not answer a simple question I have put to you several times already. Surely saying "Get a Magic mod they are great" is just as bad as saying "Don't get a Magic mod they suck" when reasons are not provided. Why is this all about saying something negative about something. Surely if someone tells somebody to get something because it is great is just as bad as telling them not to get something because it sucks. So why is the forum littered with posts about how great certain things are with no reasons to back up why people say they are great?

I tire rapidly of this whole situation. I only started coming here recently and I came simply because I thought it would be fun. Instead I find it about as much fun as crawling through broken glass and a simple debate over such a simple subject becomes like wading through treacle. Nothing done for fun is worth all this trouble. See you everybody. It WAS fun. Until I met Dex.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. June 2003 @ 01:06

Advertisement
_
__
New2This
Account closed as per user's own request
_
3. June 2003 @ 01:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dex, seeing as you like to quote people - you said:

--------------------------
I really do agree with you guys that you should be able to express opions here

That is where the misunderstanding is, I never meant or implied you can't have an opinion. **This is important** Just not a BIASED-OPINION in a reply that is not informative nor helps the situation.
-----------------------------

Do you actually know the meaning of the word opinion? An opinion is synopsis of a subject or matter based upon personal experiences and/or knowledge - THERE FOR IT IS A BIASED VIEW.

Secondly, you want the reply to be informative and helps the situation.

I'll give you a sample question: "What is the best modchip" - Most people will propably answer: (i)MAGIC 3 (2) Messiah (3) No Magic as Messiah sucks (4) Fliptop as all modchips suck.

To me these are all imformative answers. If I had posted the question, my next question might be - what is a fliptop?

Because someone replied that all modchips suck and get a fliptop - I have just learned about something I might have not already known. Especially as a fliptop has nothing to do with the original question posted!!!

Now do you see?
_
3. June 2003 @ 04:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
people, just put the dictionary down, and walk away. go play a game or something, this thread is getting to silly. we're here to have fun and help people, just please everyone cancel the pissing match!
New2This
Account closed as per user's own request
_
3. June 2003 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
darthnip, the age old say "he started it". Everything was fine until Dex tried to through his weight around.

From Dex's silence to my responses I rest my case.

They make take my life but not my FREEDOM!!!!!
loaded
_
3. June 2003 @ 08:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*CLOSED*

*BORED*

Paul.

I'm back...
...can't you smell the fear?
Advertisement
_
__

_

16 product reviews
_
3. June 2003 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
*Opened*
Quote:
the age old say "he started it". Everything was fine until Dex tried to through his weight around.

From Dex's silence to my responses I rest my case
Unbelievable, how childish. I started it... Yeah OKAY. This is something that was started by forum NEWBIES even before this situation. I went about handling it AFTERWARDS when respected members where getting flamed and insulted, which is part of being a moderator.

As for my silence...You imply I have been proven wrong, when you are so far from the truth.

Quote:
Because you seem to put your foot in your mouth and then you are the one that needs to backpeddle like you did when you altered your other post to include points taken from mine and then you deleted mine. I've seen you do this several times already and obviously you are incapable of debate or flexibility
What world are you living in? ALL you have done is argue about different topics to try and prove that what you did was right when you where not, can't you stay on topic, or did you bring other things up to cover your mistake that you cannot admit.

Here is the proof that supports that you backpeddle and edit YOUR posts http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/35949

I will break it down in hopes you understand...lol

EviLAnGeL

You have the Neo chip and Neo's do not read DVDR's unless you use the double swap method with an original DVD with a TOC larger than the DVDR you are trying to boot. Neo 2.2's suck, just get a new chip like a Magic 3.1, but V4 PS2's aren't too great for reading backups with the Magic either (speaking from personal experience, some people say they work ok). Probably better to sell the PS2 with the chip and buy a new or newer version PS2 and get that modded or buy a premodded one.

DextrsLab
Quote:
EvilAngel : Neo 2.2's suck
How could they, if I NEVER had a problem with mine for more than 2 years? If used correctly they work perfectly. So you have to double swap WOW an extra 30 seconds out of my life.

Your comments are not substantiated, please refrain from such unproven replies.

EviLAnGeL

When Neo 2.2's were first released they were (as most new technology is) excellent, and a godsend for most people. As time moves on so does technology and what can now be considered an old mod does not stand up to healthy comparision with newer technology and the likes of the Magic and DMS mods. For instance a 233Mhz processor when compared to a P4 3Ghz could be said to 'suck'. Yes the 233Mhz does it's job and someone may be using one now (a processor that is around 4 or 5 years old) with no problems at all, but that does not mean that it stands up for direct comparison to todays new technology.

You ask for proof. I presume you mean scientific evidence or something that could be substantiated in a court of law. Seeing as saying something 'sucks' is in fact a personal opinion it is logically impossible to provide such evidence, so your inital request for such actually negates itself and hits a logical dead end before any attempt at an answer can even be constructed. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's the beauty of free speech and democracy. However I made an attempt toprovide 'evidence' here it is.

A neo 2.2 costs me approx £2 and then £10 (£12 total) for the swap disc and takes me approx 40mins to fit. A Magic 3.1 clone costs me £9 and takes approx 1 hour 15mins to fit.

Basically thats £3 pounds LESS money than the swap disc solution and only half an hour extra to fit. And the benefits are direct boot of all media, compatible with all versions(except V8) whereas the Neo 2.2 will not even work with a V7 and of course DVD9 ready. To name just the main 3 benefits. When I take these factors into consideration, particularly the cost and time to fit it seems natural to draw the conclusion that the Neo 2.2 'sucks'.

Could you please highlight the section of my post that is in fact 'unproven' if you were not refferring to the 'sucks' comment directly, as I fail to find any falsehood in the other aspects of my post such as the double swap technique.

And to bodul. Yes I am aware that V4 PS2's and Magic 3.1's are comaptible. I would like to draw your attention to the section of my previous post that says 'speaking from personal experience'. I did not say there were incompatible, I said in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE V4's (because of the older poorer lasers) CAN I repeat CAN sometimes, I repeat SOMETIMES have problems reading backups. It's something to think about if the person modding your PS2 will still charge you for the work even if it doesn't boot consitently or even at all.

I wasn't aware that I have to define and clarify everything I say here in such technical and minute detail to avoid the retribution of others for what could be consdiered nothing more than a personal opinion. Please be aware I have taken good note and will always express myself in such a longwinded and ineherently dull and technical way in my future posts so as to avoid completely any possiblilty of misinterpretation.
This message has been edited since posting.

Last time this message was edited on 29 May 2003 3:05 AM <-----***You where the only one editing***

DextrsLab

We don't like smart alecks here. Especially ones who give misinformation and then back step to try make what they said valid.

If a chip works at what it is supposed to do it doesn't suck. That is a personal opinion and is not valid, no matter how long an explanation you make. If all you have to say in a reply is that a chip sucks, then DO NOT REPLY it WILL be removed.

Topic closed.

Lets see

1) You post a reply trying to offer help which is good, but say something not true "Neo 2.2's Suck" which is a biased opinion, but I will prove that later...

2) I reply "Your comments are not substantiated, please refrain from such unproven replies"

3) You give a testiment AFTER THE FACT (backpeddling) as to why you believe Neo 2.2's suck, and I quote
Quote:
However I made an attempt toprovide 'evidence' here it is.

A neo 2.2 costs me approx £2 and then £10 (£12 total) for the swap disc and takes me approx 40mins to fit. A Magic 3.1 clone costs me £9 and takes approx 1 hour 15mins to fit.

Basically thats £3 pounds LESS money than the swap disc solution and only half an hour extra to fit. And the benefits are direct boot of all media, compatible with all versions(except V8) whereas the Neo 2.2 will not even work with a V7 and of course DVD9 ready. To name just the main 3 benefits. When I take these factors into consideration, particularly the cost and time to fit it seems natural to draw the conclusion that the Neo 2.2 'sucks'.
I find this part to be interesting you are trying to support that a chip sucks because it costs you more? Not based on that it does what it was made to do, but that doesn't matter to you it seems.

4) You edited your reply (which may or may not have been anything but who will know)

5) I reply with (and I paraphrase)

"you give misinformation and then backstep to try to make what you said valid....If a chip works at what it is supposed to do it doesn't suck. That is a personal opinion and is not valid"

I then give you a warning of what will happen

"If all you have to say in a reply is that a chip sucks, then DO NOT REPLY it WILL be removed"

EvilAngel if you would have heeded that comment there would have never been a problem afterward. but you started to cry.

You are a seller/installer in disguise, as you made clear you get chips and swap discs at wholesale and install them also. I closed that topic to avoid anymore comments (hopefully but it didn't work). Your next posts where directly aimed at me and disrepectful at that. I just hid or deleted them to avoid your taunts. Some got to me, but I was trying to make clear to you it is not a personal thing or vendetta against you. IT IS FOR EVERYONE.

Believe me when I say you should have made it a "vendetta", becuase of a few things above that I busted you on which are grounds for banning.

Seller
Installer
Flamer

But I stayed on topic and have STILL been explaining one thing. YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT THEN ANYONE ELSE. All this because you caught a tantrum when I showed that you where wrong because you where saying it sucks on the basis you just don't like it becuase it costs you more $ WHICH doesn't mean it doesn't work properly at it's task. That makes your comment biased/untruthful and definately not informative or helpful.

You don't seem to understand this nor want to admit that all I did was simply advise to avoid such comments because it leads to arguements. Which it did just like I said it would which proves me right and why there is a stipulation that you beleive you are so speacial as to not adhere to or obey. Who is the child...

I was only trying to keep the forum as clean as possible in the easiest way, not trying to "change people views" or to quote you and what New2This believes also "Dex thinks otherwise. It seems he wants to decide what other peoples opinions should be" When all I am doing is trying to keep this forum clean from flaming wars. Which worked quite well for almost 2 months until you came along and did not want to adhere to these rules.

Everything that happened afterwards outside of the above link "newbie no luck" was just a pure violation of rules, blatant flaming, disrepectful words/cursing, degrading talk(or at least trying too) etc. You have gone from one topic to another in hopes to prove you did nothing wrong, and even demanded an appology!

You say I edit and remove posts. It is because I have to, so as to keep the forum clean from people like you who believe they are special and do not need to fit into said rules. This whole topic I have placated for far too long. And I think the long timer members here will agree. It is what it is and that is it. Deal with it. Do not twist my words around your "psychological outwitting" to quote you will not work and taunts like "Believe me you really screwed with the wrong guy this time" are not needed here at aD.

I said this once before to you but did not enforce it strong enough

I see this topic over and finished

ANYMORE posts on such topic WILL be deleted, removed, or hidden.

*Closed*

This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - general discussion > *look* *read* a warning for everyone *read* *look*

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork