User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:26
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forum search temporarily disabled
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Forum search temporarily disabled
  Jump to:

Posted Message
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 16:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hhmmmmm...wonder who dr.cool's talking about LMAO

Advertisement
_
__
dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
9. June 2006 @ 16:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ svstang lets put it this way his name starts with an s and rhymes with mustang. can u solve my riddle?

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 18:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmmmmmm.....let me think about it for a while...nope i quit LOL by the way who is
Quote:
svsstang
? U Always type that, never seen that member?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. June 2006 @ 18:18

_
9. June 2006 @ 18:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Without the console forums I wouldn't be surprised to see days without bannings. Unfortunately there are quite a few youngsters who haven't been taught manners or respect and they love to show it in the console forums. It really bothers me but in a way that may surprise some. For every ill mannered punk there's one or two idiots that haven't fulfilled their responsibility as a parent. If I had a kid and caught him doing some of the crap I see done here that kid would be sitting in a room with a nothing but a mattress and a light - everything else would be taken away till he decides to use the manners I taught him.

I keep having this weird dream that a wave of maturity washes over the console forums and everyone suddenly starts debating the virtues of their favorite console in an adult manner without acting like crybaby punks. Better keep dreaming I guess.

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
ddp
_
9. June 2006 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
day dreams or sleep dreams??
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That would be great. But like u said, keep dreaming, ppl dont care boutthe facts, they just get defensive to the point of throwing insults at one another.

PS - U are included in my aD entrance exam for prospective members Neph, dont ban me LOL

dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
9. June 2006 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i try to debate with facts most of the time but when you're not talking to a person face to face alot of people wanna seem tough and cool, but make themselves look retarted, but neph i think u need help running the consoule forums i guess i have to fulfill my duties and become a moderator. and out of curiosity wat is the amount of posts u have?

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. June 2006 @ 21:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
i try to debate with facts most of the time
LMFAO

oofRome
_
10. June 2006 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I keep having this weird dream that a wave of maturity washes over the console forums and everyone suddenly starts debating the virtues of their favorite console in an adult manner without acting like crybaby punks. Better keep dreaming I guess.
Well why don't you chime in from time to time instead of staying in the shawdows and appearing when there is a complaint or flame war or something?
I know you're in a position of responsibility, but that doesn't mean you can't put in your two cents once in a while, does it?

Or maybe that's just me. In the other forum(s) I frequent, a lot of mods and administrators are just as active in the social discussions as the other members.

:-/
_
10. June 2006 @ 01:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
social discussions in the "general discussion" forums, yes. -- everyone's allowed to do that. Neph is talking about the way people behave in the console forums. Fanboys, and those who generally don't show any respect for others' opinions portray the gaming forums in a bad light.
_
10. June 2006 @ 01:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the reason some of us don't 'chime in' in threads in console forums is i guess twofold, we're either not into consoles (or just have no need to talk/ask about them), or more than likely it's because those kind of forums can numb the brain after only a few minutes. i've spent enough time in there moderating to put me off kids for life (too late for me i have 2 amazing kids LOL) or discussing anything with any kids, anywhere, never mind getting involved in threads as opposed to just moderating; it's like being in McDonalds at the weekend, or one of those places to take tiny tots (Wacky Warehouse for instance), where they go around screaming and just being tots.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
10. June 2006 @ 06:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't chime in much in the console forums because I don't know much about them, I'm a die hard PC gamer. The one and only console I owned was some sort of Nintendo that used cartridge games I believe. I remember there was a 007 game for it that I played the heck out of :)

"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
10. June 2006 @ 06:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yea ivowned almost every consoul, i don't wanna name them all off, but for me i live in minnesota (america) and 6 or 7 months out of the it snows and i get snowed in alot so when that happens i don't gott alot to do but surf the web and play video games.
@ neph 007 rules!

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 12:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
The one and only console I owned was some sort of Nintendo that used cartridge games I believe.
LOL, whats a cartridge? Jibberish, I say:)

_
10. June 2006 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I grew up on cartridges. I remember my dad bringing home a Pong console (no cartridges - only one game) and I remember coutless hours spent on an Atari, then a Coleco and Intellivision :)

dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
10. June 2006 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i was always in to sega i love golden axe, street fighter, mortal kombat, and i liked bubsy, ohh and sonic
@svstang dude u do have a tendancy to flame my comments but please don't start making fun of the moderators we should all cherrish and respect them right nephilim? and creaky??

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Atari gives my nightmares to this day. Remember ET the game? Every once in a while I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat due to that pile of garbage.

_
10. June 2006 @ 12:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No worries dr.cool he's just giving me a hard time ;)

I never played ET. I saw a buddy playing it and it looked to entirely stupid I never asked my parents to buy it for me. I always like Missile Command :)

dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
10. June 2006 @ 14:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
neph i'm just giving svStang a hard time ;-) but missle command was cool i had it for my gameboy. one of my favorite games for an old system was busting a groove for the ps1 that game looked INCREDIBLE!, and panzer for the saturn.

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 14:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cool, what is ur hang up bro? I dont flame anybody, ever. Do i need to post a link to the thread where u went off on me? Didnt think so. Neph knows i respect him. Dont get me started on the whole flaming topic bud, cause i dont want to make u feel dumb or get myself banned, but mostly, get myself banned. Ur the only person who says I flame others.....get over it bro.

dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
10. June 2006 @ 14:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dude i'm giving u a hard time i like the x360 in fact i have 1 i reserved it in july and got it in december my gamer tag is II Rebel X II but sometimes i think u could relax a little and stop being so biest especially in the ps3 threads maybe u could stay in the x360 forum and say all the positive stuff u want maybe?

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
uggg....u give me a hearache. Do a member search.....all i do is help out in the ps2 and psp forums, so i really hate sony dont I???? I cant help u understand what logic is, thats on u. And yeah, I have never even played a 360 so again, not sure where u come up with this stuff???????

@Neph, u check out the aD apptitude test yet? Hopefully it will get adopted into the membership process LMAO:)

dr.cool
Suspended permanently
_
10. June 2006 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well u sure are opinionated 4 someone without an x360 but i don't look at the other 2 threads so i wouldn't know but u r very opinionated which is not a bad thing i just dont think alot of people that just wanna make posts and get slammed dont like it very much. maybe u would like to stay in the ps2 and psp forums would u like that? but im not gonna lie there r people ALOT worse than u like that dnglberry i have terrible night mares about him he makes me wanna cry. now he is the ULTIMATE flamer

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. June 2006 @ 17:36

AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2006 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
LOL dnglebry is great. I dont wander around that often, mainly stick to helping getting ppl's backups to work and offer advice on psp. I dont try to piss u off cool, u just got to start accepting other ppl's opinions, thats all:)

Advertisement
_
__

_
ddp
_
11. June 2006 @ 07:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
knock it off you 2 or both will get flamed by a mod!!

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > forum search temporarily disabled

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork