User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 21:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > dvd rebuilder running in linux
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD Rebuilder running in Linux
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
11. September 2007 @ 02:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
very nice Wolmanz! Glad to see you got the newest versoin working. Hopefully I'll be able to post a screen shot--once I get everything working :)
Advertisement
_
__
smg
_
11. September 2007 @ 09:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I cant find where to locate all those files that are neeeded. I lost them before when my pc got a virus but cant find the thread that told me before where they were all gotten from. Thanks to everyone..)
_
12. September 2007 @ 10:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you talking about the DLL stuff? If so you can get them at dllDump
_
12. September 2007 @ 15:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now this looks interesting. Check out this Disto designed specifically for DVD authoring and encoding which comes stock with DVDRB. The distro is called VideoLinux and the home page can be found here (screenshots of RB working and all)
smg
_
12. September 2007 @ 19:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, thank you very much..:) But I cant locate that Trespassers NO DVD Fix program anywhere. I googled it, but nothing...:( from step #3 I believe)
smg
_
12. September 2007 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Other than the Trespassers No DVD Fix program, the only other thing I couldnt locate was that stdole2.tlb file. Before in here I read it was a typo, but now that particular thread which gave the correct typing/name of it has dissapeared from this guide.
smg
_
12. September 2007 @ 20:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by smg:
Other than the Trespassers No DVD Fix program, the only other thing I couldnt locate was that stdole2.tlb file. Before in here I read it was a typo, but now that particular thread which gave the correct typing/name of it has dissapeared from this guide. I did search for stdole2.DLL at that site you gave me, but it says it doesn't have a file by that name.
_
13. September 2007 @ 01:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To get that .tlb I just did a google search.
_
13. September 2007 @ 02:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Other than the Trespassers No DVD Fix program, the only other thing I couldnt locate was that stdole2.tlb file.
Trespassers No DVD Fix is not a program, you just need to create a text file and place it in a folder as described in the guide. There is a script that will also do this for you, I will see if I can find it and post it here.

Here is a link to a thread started by Trespasser
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t...hlight=ripit4me

@smg you did not say if you are running Windows or not all of the DLL's can be copied from the sytem32 folder from Windows as well as the stdole2.tlb. I have found that the DLL's from a Windows XP system to work best.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 13. September 2007 @ 03:05

smg
_
13. September 2007 @ 09:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm running on my laptop right now but have Win XP Home on my desktop. I will look for and burn those files from my system folder then from my XP OS since you find it the better choice.
Thank you very much people for this help...:) it is very appreciated.
_
16. September 2007 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For whatever reason wine 9.30 wasn't very agreeable with my programs. However, 9.35 did the trick and I got everything up and running in Ubuntu. Again, wine version 9.35 is a good vintage for RB and the other programs listed in the guide.
_
18. September 2007 @ 02:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad to hear you got everything going! When I get some free time I will try a feisty set-up again. Maybe even a PCLinux set-up will be in the future.
_
18. September 2007 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PCLinuxOS is very nice, i use it on a laptop i take to work and on a home PC too; i'd be interested in seeing how you get on with Rebuilder on there. (i'm happy to watch others do it as i'm happy enough with Rebuilder running across 3 XP PC's) :)

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
18. September 2007 @ 21:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wolfmanz:
Glad to hear you got everything going! When I get some free time I will try a feisty set-up again.
Thanks. I don't think feisty would be a problem. I got RB working on Linux Mint too, which is more or less Feisty with the "illegal" codecs included. I actually prefer it to feisty, but that's a different discussion.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. September 2007 @ 21:28

1Adonis4u
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. October 2007 @ 03:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for the guide... very helpful.

I managed to install everything but there's a problem. When trying to start the back-up DVD Rebuilder throws an error message:

DVD Rebuilder experienced an error extracting MPEG. [time] 00026 0005

This comes up right after "Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files" shows up under the "Program Status" log.

Googled the error and it mentioned "MPEG2Dec3dg.dll" needing to be present in the "plugins" folder for AviSynth which I have already done. Not sure what else to try. I also added "DGDecode.dll" to this directory to no avail.

I have the latest DVD-RB and CCE SP 2.67.00.27.

DVD movie is "300" which was ripped with RipIt4Me & DVD Decrypter.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

"Burn, baby, BURN!"
_
12. October 2007 @ 08:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what version of wine are you using?
1Adonis4u
_
12. October 2007 @ 13:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey there,

I have tried with both, the one in Synaptic Manager and the newer one which is 0.9.45-1 with the same result. Winetools is 0.9.4.

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty. Also tried the free version of rebuilder and that one throws "runtime 5" errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Burn, baby, BURN!"
_
12. October 2007 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Where did you get the rest of your dlls? If you can, I would suggest getting all the dlls you need for getting RB working dirrectly from newer windows machine as appose to online. I was getting strange errors until I did this. Hope this helps.
1Adonis4u
_
12. October 2007 @ 14:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great idea. I'm going to try doing that and will let you know what happens.

Thank you.

"Burn, baby, BURN!"
1Adonis4u
_
12. October 2007 @ 15:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Tried copying dlls from System32 folder from XP machine with the same result... unfortunately.

Here's what it says in the log, twice:
00026 0005 -- error extracting MPEG.
PREPARE aborted.

It has to do with AviSynth... I've made sure that "MPEG2Dec3.dll" is in the plugin directory.

Any ideas?

Here's the actual Rebuilder log entry:

-----------------

[19:27:37] Phase I, PREPARATION started.

- DVD-RB v1.26.5

- AVISYNTH 2.5.7.0

- CCE 2.67.0.27 encoder selected.

- "Movie Only" mode is enabled.

- Source: SOURCE

- VTS_01: 2075840 sectors.

-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files

[19:27:37] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

[19:27:38] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

- PREPARE aborted.

Aborted.

"Burn, baby, BURN!"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. October 2007 @ 15:30

_
12. October 2007 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright, alot of this stuff was pretty hit and miss with me too. It's good you got all the dlls from xp though anyhow. Here is what I would do. Uninstall RB, avisynth, and wine. Install wine 9.35, then reinstall RB and avisynth--make sure you follow the guide on properly setting up wine to RB and all that. My Linux knowledge is limited so if this doesn't get things up and running for you I'd advise you to ask around in the Linux digital media section.
1Adonis4u
_
14. October 2007 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the tips.

The weird thing is that when I perform the last step with RB and Wine, setting it to "native" RB no longer launches, instead it throws an error message. So I changed it back to the way it was to begin with and it launches properly.

Not sure if it has to do with the fact that I'm using Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 but if nothing else works I'll try it on PCLinuxOS 2007.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

"Burn, baby, BURN!"
_
14. October 2007 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
[19:27:37] Phase I, PREPARATION started.

- DVD-RB v1.26.5

- AVISYNTH 2.5.7.0

- CCE 2.67.0.27 encoder selected.

- "Movie Only" mode is enabled.

- Source: SOURCE

- VTS_01: 2075840 sectors.

-- Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files

[19:27:37] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

[19:27:38] 00026 00005 -- error extracting MPEG.

- PREPARE aborted.

Aborted.
Your problem may be the version of AVISYNTH that you are using. Try using version 2.5.6.0 which is the one that came with my latest DVD Rebuilder Pro update.

Also is that the basic or SP version of CCE?
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
14. October 2007 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wolfmanz

Good call on the avisynth version, newer versions rarely work with RB until jdobbs has had time to account for and update RB to work with them. As long as there is nothing wrong with the application CCE version shouldn't make a difference.

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/
Advertisement
_
__

_
1Adonis4u
_
15. October 2007 @ 05:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've tried AviSynth 2.56 & 2.55 with the same result.

I'm using CCE SP 2.67.00.27 with EclCCE but as you can see I'm not even getting that far for this to cause problems.

I read at the WineHQ page regarding setup for Rebuilder needing to be installed to a directory without any spaces... (eg: C:\Programs\DVDRebuilder) which is my structure for all programs related to this setup.

I was getting the same problem before when everything was running from C:\Program Files\ though.

Is anyone actually running Rebuilder successfully with Ubuntu 7.04?

Here are the files listed in the Avisynth plugin directory:
DGDecode.dll, DirectShowSource.dll, MPEG2Dec3.dll, MPEG2Dec3dg.dll, MPEGDecoder.dll & TCPDeliver.dll.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for all your input guys.

PS: Where are you guys getting your MPEG2Dec3dg.dll?

"Burn, baby, BURN!"

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 15. October 2007 @ 05:54

Related links
Download the latest version of DVD-Rebuilder from here!
Read our DVD-Rebuilder guides from our guide section.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
DVD Rebuilder Pro system error on Win7-64 bit 1 26. December 2013 DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum
AnyDVD / DVD-RB Rebuilder Pro 1.28.2 / CCE Basic 2.70.00.01.15 1 27. June 2013 DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum
BD Rebuilder 2 30. April 2013 Blu-ray
image too small for bd rebuilder 1 23. March 2013 Blu-ray
BD-Rebuilder Subtitle problem-Please Help 2 26. January 2013 Blu-ray
BD Rebuilder 4 11. January 2013 Blu-ray
Bd Rebuilder 2 7. June 2012 Windows - Software discussion
Need help with DVD Rebuilder free and DVD Rebuilder Pro 2 19. December 2011 DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum
Recover BD from BD rebuilder work files 2 14. November 2011 DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum
Anydvd and bd rebuilder blu-ray 4 17. May 2011 Blu-ray players

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd / bd-rebuilder forum > dvd rebuilder running in linux

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork