User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 22:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > wot do people here use for transport
Show topics

Forums
Forums
wot do people here use for transport
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Wizkid
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. July 2003 @ 05:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dela ? You're PS2 went on fire ?
Really, what did you do ? Played the shit out of it .....? lol

And Dela, you forgot ... the messiah rules !

AfterDawn Addict
-guys with literally thousands of messages
Advertisement
_
__
Staff Member
_
3. July 2003 @ 10:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nah magic 3.1 rules and the magic 3 would have ruled only they forgot the part where if the chip dont sleep it can overheat ;-)
Wizkid
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. July 2003 @ 22:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, well the Messiah never sleeps.
He is watching u right now !

AfterDawn Addict
-guys with literally thousands of messages
Staff Member
_
4. July 2003 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ehhh yeee ok wizkid *thinks wiz is odd*
naapuri
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. July 2003 @ 02:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I drive a stinky BMW 520i -1984 :D But it's getting soooo rusty that soon I'll have to paint it green and dump it in to a swamp =)
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. July 2003 @ 02:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi

i also have a automatic sierra (with dents)

thx..
Liquid86
_
7. July 2003 @ 13:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1994 Buck Regal Limited, straight-up detroit steel baby!

~Life is a liquid dream...let it flow!
Carpe Diam, Quam Minimum Credula Postero!
InCanada
_
7. July 2003 @ 15:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Over here (InCanada) I'm stuck in a DORF truck. (Figures the guys at Ford spell it wrong you know. If you ever drove one you would know it's a Dorf and not a Ford.)
And just for comparison, a friend's nephew just got his driver's licence and his insurance for the year on his fairly new car cost him $3300.00
So that would be around 1484.64 British pounds (according to the latest conversionary data from 5 minutes ago.)
Factor in fuel at $.70/litre, oil , etc.
Makes you wonder how one can afford it.
If bus service was reliable it would be a very good option. Makes me jealous of you people with useful transit services.
Praetor
_
7. July 2003 @ 22:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We only pay 0.60/litre :P

ASUS A8V Deluxe, A64-3500 @ 2.65
1GB KingMax PC3700
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
msb5150
_
7. July 2003 @ 22:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First post in a while, borrowing computer time sine the monitor died, working to build a new computer(with a good monitor hopefully) and I just randomly picked this post, I drive my sisters old 93 Ranger, she got the 99 lumina that was destined to be mine, still not sure how she pulled that off, but the ranger works(gets me to work and school and anywhere else)
Toiletman
_
8. July 2003 @ 11:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use my feet.... I would like to get some trainers though. And then mebbe become an underage moped biker.

Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.

G-4CE
_
8. July 2003 @ 12:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
my american friends you are so lucky your insurace for a massive 5 litre something or other is cheaper than a british car like a fiesta or something

There's no such thing as a lost cause
it just has to be found
c7015
_
10. July 2003 @ 08:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mistsubishi eclipse turbo awd with 16 psi of boost and all the other good stuff done to it

its a 92 by the way (white)

Wii
Prisoner
_
10. July 2003 @ 08:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In Canada as well. Insurance here is a killer, you need to be over 24, married and be Knighted to pay less than $2000 a year. I am strong supporter of Foot travel or cycling. The bike is the best means of transport in Toronto. But as cars go you may laugh, but Toyota Corola is amazing.
InCanada
_
10. July 2003 @ 14:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Toyota Corolla are one of the most reliable cars according to Consumer Reports.
My insurance (before safe driving discounts) is around $1400/yr. That's more than the 4X4 deRanger I drive is worth. And the wife is just taking lessons to get her licence. I am actually looking for a used Corolla for her! My buddy picked one up a year ago for $400.
And I like how easy Imports are to work on. Half a dozen metric size tools and you can take the whole thing apart. Not like my truck that takes 3 different tools (1 standard & 2 metric) just to take off the air cleaner.
BTW-how can you tell if an adjustable wrench is metric or standard sizes ? ;-)
Praetor
_
10. July 2003 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
In Canada as well. Insurance here is a killer, you need to be over 24, married and be Knighted to pay less than $2000 a year.
So tru, so tru

ASUS A8V Deluxe, A64-3500 @ 2.65
1GB KingMax PC3700
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
Prisoner
_
11. July 2003 @ 08:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
InCanada
The adjustable wrench is easy. Set it to the fully closed position, hit your self on the head really hard and if you start seeing stars then it is clearly American imperial, if you don`t see stars then you know it the reall metric thing.

About cars, I love that you can go to a junk yard, pickup a car for $200, fix what ever for usually less than $500 and still comes in less then the insurance for the year. If it wasn't illegal to drive with out insurance, I wouldn't recommend it. Just hang out in Junk yards.
G-4CE
_
11. July 2003 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey just to say i cant match everyones computing knowledge here but if anyone needs a hand with there motorbike im a trainee mechanic so ill try and give a hand as everyones has been so helpful

There's no such thing as a lost cause
it just has to be found
mhoope02
_
16. July 2003 @ 05:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cover about 50 miles / week in the undeniably classic Renault 11.

And 100 / week on a rancid pushbike

: DO the things that people say you cannot :
Advertisement
_
__

_
InCanada
_
16. July 2003 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well now I have gone and proven that I am thick headed.
Tried the wrench thing and now it's bent.
So is it worth more now that it's a custom offset adjustable wrench ?
Maybe a few more whacks...then I won't have to worry about my other postings under the `mmmmmbeer' thread.
Get that same buzz without the expense.
But is it actually legal ?

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > wot do people here use for transport

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork