User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 06:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > 10 step guide for running emulators, and other applications.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
10 Step guide for running emulators, and other applications.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
legato777
_
26. June 2005 @ 07:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been seeing alot of posts lately on how to run emulators, etc.. So I'll write a small guide.

Stuff you need:
1. PSP with 1.5 firmware
2. Memory stick (just one)
3. USB Transfer Cable
4. KXploit
5. The application you want to put on your psp (emulators)
6. Stuff for the application (roms)

Steps:
1. Download all the stuff you need (psphacker.com has all the applications; for games try someone like dohgames.com)
2. Install KXploit, and unzip the application you want.
3. Now connect your psp to your comp, and put it in usb mode.
4. Open KXploit and under name put whatever you want your psp to call it; Under PBP File, select the "Eboot.pbp" file that should have been unzipped from your application, and under PSP unit, select whatever drive your psp is connected to (mine was E:/)
5. Hit generate files, and it will put them on your psp saying some other stuff (such as what the directories are called, etc...)
6. Now for roms; just stick them in psp/game/(whatever you called your emulator). You don't really need to put them in your % folder, you can get to them any way. (I'm not sure if this works for every emulator, but it does for snes emulator.
7. now open up your emulator by selecting mem card under game.
8. Browse for your game (should be on first page)
9. Press left to change settings, (on analog stick), and change frame skip to 2 or 3. (Note: To me, changing processors speed from 222 to 333, doesnt do anything.) You can also disable sound, if you don't want faster music then what your use to.

Thats all, if you have any problems, post it here, and ill see if i can help you out.
Advertisement
_
__
Desiboi92
Suspended permanently
_
26. June 2005 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
first of all, that's only 9 steps (LOL). And Also, I did everything that you said, but when I start the Emu on my PSP, it says: Memstick.IND
MSTK_Pro.IND
PSP
MP_Root
WMPInfo.xml
When I press left on my analog stick, nothing happens. I have a 1.5 PSP and other homebrews work, but for some reason this isn't. THANKS!

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELP?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. June 2005 @ 12:41

legato777
_
26. June 2005 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When you go to open your emulator it says "Memstick.IND "?

Explain more, and the left on the analog stick is specifically for the snes emulator ( i was tired when i wrote that.)
legato777
_
26. June 2005 @ 18:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
P.S. Its only on the snes emulator menu, or in the game.
Desiboi92
Suspended permanently
_
26. June 2005 @ 19:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried with GBA emu and the part which I said before showed up as soon as I start the emulator.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HELP?
Advertisement
_
__

_
legato777
_
26. June 2005 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It might be the emulator, i can't really mess with it, cause im putting my psps away until i get a screen protector, but ill let you know as soon as i can.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > 10 step guide for running emulators, and other applications.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork