User User name Password  

Friday 7.6.2024 / 21:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - modding & hacking > should i...i dunnoo...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Should I...I Dunnoo...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
HipN
_
1. August 2005 @ 14:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Should i get an xbox360 instead of a ps3? they look like theyre the same and i really dont want to wait another year...plus the x360 prolly has better hardware since microsoft develops computers unlike sony, they develop media players and stuff. I mean the xbox never had problems with its lasers, while ps2 had a lot. Xbox i think uses an actual dvd-rom drive unlike ps2, it uses a normal drive...its like a cd tray + a crappy sony laser. dont u think this is better? DVD-Rom Drive is better than CD-Tray + Crappy Laser?

Sony PS2 (Playstation 2) Slimline (V12) GH-035-71
Sony Playstion 2 Region: NTSC (North America - USA and Canada)
DVD-/+R: Verbatim DVD-/+R 1x-8x 4.7GB MCC and PRO-DATA DVD-R 4x 4.7GB
DMS4 Lite Modchip + ToxicBIOS Ver. 1.3 + Possible Fix
Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

Burner: Sony DVD RW DW-D26A
Software: DVDDecrypter, Nero, and Alcohol 120%
Advertisement
_
__
_
1. August 2005 @ 15:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
haha first off, ps3 is gona have better specs, way better specs, its a known fact. It will completely be worht a years wait and worth the money, second the reason xbox was better then ps2 is becasue of how far apart the xbox was made compaired to the ps2, new technology is made over weeks of time, and so this is a known fact, the ps3 will have way better specs, and the ps3 wont go away for a long time, whereas the xbox1.5 will be outdated in a few years. Its an investment in the future with the blu-ray and all the other tech the ps3 has, so stick with the ps3, and why does everybody love microsoft?!?!?!

http://pspcrack.tk/
"Rarely is the question asked; is our childern learning?" - G.W.Bush
HipN
_
1. August 2005 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i dont love ms, its just that the hardware used in the xbox was more stable...ps2 had enoughtim to update the hardware...i mean ps2 did have 13 versions

Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

tomfitz
Suspended permanently
_
2. August 2005 @ 02:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is the deal HipN. Visit
http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/recent.html
See what games are coming out for the 360 and then the ps3. The 360 has much better games than the ps3. As for the specs the ps3 is a little better than the xbox 360 however it is not worth the extra you will have to pay. At this stage we are looking at a release price of 300USD and as for the ps3 it has not been confirmed. From the mouth of the sony president the ps3 will be expensive and not targeted for the average consumers price range. The xbox 360 will also have a better online service as they only need to slightly update live while ps3 is basically starting over. Although we have not seen the new redesigned ps3 controller the xbox 360 controller is extremely well designed. And if someone tells you that 7 controllers is actually needed on one console smash them in the face.
The bottom line is for the price the 360 is much better than the ps3. Better games, better online play, better controller and much cheaper for the console and the games.
Dont listen to these playstation obsessed d#%kheads who can see the facts even if they are three feet infront of their face.
ps. Also if the 360 outsells the ps3 expect the next GTA game to come out first on the 360.
HipN
_
2. August 2005 @ 13:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
u have a good point, but what about the exclusive games? i mean for the ps2 (which i own right now) there's god of war and i love that game, im not into the fps games like halo or doom...so im not sure about the better games part...but u are right about the price...x360 wll prolly cost a lot less than the ps3.

Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

Alathon
_
9. August 2005 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Microsoft is a software company. They don't "develop computers." Sony is actually in the hardware sector much more than microsoft. You can chaulk the shitty lasers up to "cut-backs" to save them some money. The XBox also had a later release date and much better hardware. This was obviously done intentionally so that benchmark whores would choose the "superior" system. And they did.
xboxmj
Suspended permanently
_
9. August 2005 @ 13:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I hate my ps2, that why i gave it to my little brother and i got a REAL CONSOLE, with a good laser. Sony lasers are crap, my homie is always having trouble with his ps2. Plus the games for the 360 are way better than the ones releasing on the ps3. oh, and by the way is not the xbox 1.5 it is call XBOX 360, d-o y-o-u u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d liez4love? Anyway the blu-ray disc is not the greatest thing
tomfitz
Suspended permanently
_
10. August 2005 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Liez4Love shut up with the xbox 1.5 statements. The ps3 is only a graphically a little better than the 360 and the 360 has more processing power. If the 360 is actually xbox1.5 then the ps3 is simply a playstation 2 .75. Stop being such a playstation wh@re and have an open mind and observe all the facts. If you wont, bugger off and stop being a biast prick!

Ps. HipN if you want to have a great online multiplayer experience, a fantastic console, great games and the most comfortable console controller ever made then buy a 360. (Like the rest of the educated and intelligent world.:) )
Pps. Fable 2 will kick arse! Lets see sonys answer to that! (if any1 mentions FF i will kick their arse!)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. August 2005 @ 00:16

Advertisement
_
__

_
HipN
_
10. August 2005 @ 19:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No but the thinga bout X360 is the graphics...we see pictures and little clips of upcomming X360 games...and what do we see? we see graphics that look like the movie "Finding nemo", but i saw an actual gameplay video for some killer city or sumting and to me, the graphics are about 5-10%better..., the graphics are just a bit more clear, and the X360 can support thousands of people running of one screen while, the xbox and ps3 can only support around 10-50 people running on the screen at once. But all the X360 (and possibly PS2 and N.Rev) looks like is a system with better hardware, but the graphics just dont seem to be THAT much better. its like playing an Xbox with graphics that are a bit better.

Dual Shock Controller
Dual Shock 2 Controller
8MD Memory Card

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps3 - modding & hacking > should i...i dunnoo...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork