Forums
Forums
Sony CRX1611
  Jump to:

Posted Message
burnproof
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
7. April 2002 @ 18:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I have tried overburning with a Sony CRX 1611 (16/10/40). I was using Ritek discs. One CD was burnt upto 82 minutes 15 secs. The other failed after 84m 15s (the rest of the CD is still readable).

The message I got was "Focus error".

Could someone tell me whether this is a hardware problem or related to the media capacity itself?

(Sony website/literature says that the CRX 1611 does not support overburning. Nero shows the hardware as supporting overburning!!!! Which one is right?)
Advertisement
_
__
cd-rw.org

4 product reviews
_
8. April 2002 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1) Did you use 80min media? If you did, then it can be the limit of the media, but it can also be the absolute limit of your burner.
2) It seems to support at least in some extent since you have burned 80+ minutes.

The old school is back. All hail the new http://BitBurners.com !
burnproof
_
8. April 2002 @ 05:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes. I was using 80 min media rated at 32x.

The second disc was burnt upto 84 minutes + before it conked out!

Is there any way the CRX1611 can be made to burn upto 99 minutes?

Thanks in advance.
cd-rw.org

4 product reviews
_
8. April 2002 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IF your burner supports 99min media (very well may not), then it is possible. Feurio! is nice software for testing the max capacity of a drive/media.

http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/feurio.cfm

The old school is back. All hail the new http://BitBurners.com !
burnproof
_
10. April 2002 @ 04:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi!

Does anyone know of any site that has firmware available for the Sony CRX-1611 to increase the speed and/or support 90 Min + overburning?

TIA
andavari
_
14. April 2002 @ 02:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Good luck finding official firmware for Sony CD-RW drives. All I have found are some thrown together not-recommended-at-all-junk that will more than likely destroy your CD-RW drive.
burnproof
_
25. April 2002 @ 22:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks, everyone.

Guess I'll have to live with this piece of junk...

Or maybe I'll buy the Lite on if they provide P-CAV support soon.
Chancas
Account closed as per user's own request
_
11. June 2002 @ 07:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'd like contact you,cause I've got a SONY CRX1611 OEM and I suffer some problems with my recording velocity.I only can get 8x instead of 16x.I think it's because of the recording SW.Do you have the same problem? If not, can you pass me your SW. Thank you

Chancas
Advertisement
_
__

_
djmirror
_
19. June 2002 @ 01:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can burn only at 8x speed. At 16x nero says "Focus tracking error" during burning. Please help me anyone! PLEASE!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > sony crx1611

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork