User User name Password  

Friday 7.6.2024 / 21:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > nero problem: bright picture, glare
Show topics

Forums
Forums
nero problem: bright picture, glare
  Jump to:

Posted Message
abogerucb
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. April 2002 @ 21:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
when using nero to burn vcd, the picture comes out too bright. it looks like everything has a glare on it. The mpgs look near perfect before burning, but just don't look good when done. is this correctable? do other burning programs have similar results on vcd?
thanks for help
Advertisement
_
__
Lachman
_
12. April 2002 @ 13:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am new to Video editing, and just did my very first VCD and I quite agreed with what you have encountered. I used Nero to burn my final work and the production is not as good as I expected. Similiar glare and fragmentations. I have stopped burning my next VCD and looking for solutions to this problems
abogerucb
_
15. April 2002 @ 10:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lachman:

if you figure it out please let me know. i've tried multiple settings when encoding to mpg such as "simple color correction" and several other options in tmpg enc but they all turn out exactly the same when using nero. i've also tried vcd easy which produces the same results.
anyone else have this problem or know a free burn software that produces clearer picture than nero? please help
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
15. April 2002 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burning application doesn't do _anything_ to the video -- only thing when Nero might does something to the video is when it prompts you "Your video file is not in correct format, want to encode it?" or something like that. And if that question pops up, you have seriously **cked up something in the backup process of your DVD.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
abogerucb
_
18. April 2002 @ 10:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRD

i've never received the "video not in correct format" message. i converted avi's to mpgs. the mgps look great in windows media player, which is why this problem confuses me so. but when i use nero or vcd easy to burn, the picture looks too bright and glarey. i even switched the picture settings on my dvd player around but to no avail. i've burn as fast as 4x and as slow as 1x but that makes no difference either. do you have any idea what might be causing this? or better yet, know any freeware burning software that is superior to nero or vcd easy, supposing that poor quality burn software is my problem?
Lachman
_
19. April 2002 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRD

I've tried various setting as well, like obegeruch. Still no luck.
I am using MediaStudio Pro 6.0 for my editing. In fact you can create mpeg files here but burning with Nero prompts the same meassage that the file requires encoding.

One other problem is that creating an mpeg file with Mediastudio Pro after editing also produces poor qualilty (blockiness). But when creating an avi file the quality is fine. Then when you encode it into a mpeg file before burning with Nero, produces the same poor quality again.

I am at the verge of giving up video editing and movie making. It is frustrating and taking up so much of my time with no end result. I desparately need help.
echoes
_
20. April 2002 @ 03:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AbogerucB:

Like dRD said, the burning software usually don't modify the VCD... It sounds like a typical trouble with multiplexing program or some kind of video-processing soft... describe more about your process for making VCD, and there will be the mistake!
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
20. April 2002 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Please do this:

After you've burned your MPEG-1 to VCD, put the CD into your CD-ROM drive and open the .DAT file from the CD using your favourite PC media player and see if the picture is different than the one you had in original MPEG-1 file.

If it is NOT, then your problem is simply in your TV settings, nothing more.

Webmaster
Lachman
_
20. April 2002 @ 19:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRD,

It same (blockiness)appeared even when the VCD was played on the PC.

I will give some account of what I have done so far.
Fristly, I did my editing with Mediastudio pro 6.0. After that I created my work as avi file with Mediastudio. The result was good when I played it on the PC. I then tried burning it with Nero. With Nero, the meassage appeared requesting me to encode first to mpeg as the avi format is not complementry for VCD and burn. I did exactly that the result was blockiness intermittently.

Secondly, after completing my editing I created mpeg file with Mediastudio (VCD complementry as indicated by Mediastudio). But the result was bad, the blockiness was even worst. Nevertheless I still tried burning it with Nero, it requested me it re-encode again before burning. I did that and the same poor quality again.

I then tried various setting with Mediastudio Pro 6.0 and created many files in both avi and mpeg. What I noticed was the avi files created were all good quality with many different settings when played on PC but non of the mpeg files that I created with various setting were of acceptable quality.
Please help

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2002 @ 19:51

Advertisement
_
__

_
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
21. April 2002 @ 01:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Encoders have quality differences and therefor we always recommend that you take your original file -- best possible quality what you have, if speaking of DVD rips, the DVD itself -- and encode that directly to MPEG-1 with TMPGEnc.

Webmaster
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nero 12 activation 3 15. January 2014 Nero discussion
Help with NERO burning BluRay 2 22. December 2013 Nero discussion
DVD-DL Media keeps failing with Nero Platinum 12 6 7. December 2013 Nero discussion
A better way to burn Blu Ray disks...than using Nero! 3 30. October 2013 Blu-ray
which version of Nero to get for windows 7 OS ?? 2 26. October 2013 Nero discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > nero problem: bright picture, glare

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork