User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 19:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > burning help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
burning help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bobo
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. April 2002 @ 12:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Iam using nero but i can not get the disc it burns to go on anyhome player. joliet is off and i burn as a iso/udf dvd. please help as i am about to give up.
many thanks if you can
Rico
Advertisement
_
__
djdrock
_
18. April 2002 @ 23:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After a lot of trial and error, this is what I discovered to be a full-proof way of getting the disc to be compliant in a home player...

Assuming you have a dvd-5 (less than 4.7 gig) disc that you are wanting to copy, use the latest version of DVD Decrypter to exract the DVD to one large image (.iso) file. EVERYTHING you need, including the video_ts and audio_ts folders are created for you. Just select "mode", "iso", "read", and it will make you one nice file to burn. I have not had any luck using Nero (because of a conflicting aspi issue with my Panasonic lf-d311), but I know version 5 (and probably others) has the ability to burn an image file. Simply select "file", and "burn image." Open the .iso (or .img) file that DVD Dectrypter created, and burn away. I have been doing the same thing (except using Gear DVD Pro 6.0) and had luck without fail.

If you want to split a dvd-9 disc, the best guide I found for doing this is at:

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-2dvdrs.htm

Let me know how it turns out!
bobo
_
19. April 2002 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the help. That did the trick but what if i am burning a disk that i have ripped and rebuilt it using ifo9.
djdrock
_
19. April 2002 @ 10:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad to hear I was of some help. If you are using IFO edit to edit the files, you are adding a little complication to your project. Since there are many things you can do with ifo9, you will need to be a little more specific. However, if you are SURE you have edited your files correctly in IFO9, use the "disc image" feature to create the image file. Since you have version .9, (assuming you do not have any earlier versions previously downloaded) you will need to download a file called imglib. Otherwise you will get a imglib.dll error. You can download it at:

http://mpucoder.kewlhair.com/Derrow/image.html

Be sure to put it in the same directory as ifo9. Follow the instructions carefully; especially the video_ts folder instructions on putting it in a root directory (c:\video_ts). Now that you have your image, just burn away!

Good luck!
bobo
_
19. April 2002 @ 15:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Forget djdrock more like djgeinus. Thanks your a star. If you could make me a platform your name would be the i shouted.
Many thanks
BoBo
bobo
_
19. April 2002 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oooopppps add a one there my english is bad.
djdrock
_
19. April 2002 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad I was able to help again. I know how frustrating all of this can be. One of these days, it will be as easy as cd-burning (I hope).

Take care!
eleanor
_
24. April 2002 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, I'm buying a new dvd burner and I want to know if this process will work with the Easy CD Creator 5?
sandman
_
27. April 2002 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
EASY CD CREATOR 5?.......ROTFLMAO...GOT UP THEN FELL BACK DOWN AGAIN AND ROTFLMAO AGAIN...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...easy cd corrupter more like...throw it away and get yourself some decent software like nero burning rom or cdrwin etc..etc.....oh PLEASE!!!

SORRY COULDNT RESIST....:-)
eleanor
_
29. April 2002 @ 04:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unfortunately, that software came with my new computer. I have one more question, is there an all-in-one program that allows you to converta decrypted movie to mpeg and burn. I tried flask but that software kept crashing my computer. Do you have any suggestions?
Advertisement
_
__

_
magicbin
_
30. April 2002 @ 01:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As stated earlier in the thread. Use dvddecryptor and ifoedit for all your burning needs. Aside from that EasyCD cant even burn CD's well so I dont think I would trust it to make some even more expensive coasters ;)

Richard

Pioneer DVDr-104 - Dual 1G - Windows 20000 - 1G Ram - 36GB U160 10k
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for advanced users > burning help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork