User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 22:22
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > ftp into xbox
Show topics

Forums
Forums
FTP into XBOX
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Dank
_
28. February 2003 @ 11:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using flash fxp i have slayers auto install evolution installed i have the static ip turned on my ip is 192.168.0.3 subnet 255.255.255.0 no gateway. I have my network card with crossover cable set to ip 192.168.0.2 same subnet as xbox no gateway. i try both ips on the flash program but it always times out... can anyone help? oh and user/pass was xbox/xbox
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. March 2003 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have you tried to ping the xbox from comand prompt?

go to your start menu > run, then type command prompt

then just type: ping xbox

it should bring up an ip address if your xbox is on the network.
what operating system are you using?
peace
seamonkey420

Dank
_
1. March 2003 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I figured it out.. i changed the evox.ini file with a diff ip address when i installed the dashboard and was using the wrong IP addy.. everything is all good now.
Smoke
Dank
_
2. March 2003 @ 14:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what does ftp mean?
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. March 2003 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ftp means: file transfer protocol

its a way to send and receive files, kind of old school but effective..
peace

Advertisement
_
__

_
_
2. March 2003 @ 19:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks you so much its been driving me crazy trying to figure out all of these terms

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 2. March 2003 @ 19:44

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > ftp into xbox

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork