User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 01:25
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > need help w/ anydvd/clonedvd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
need help w/ AnyDVD/CloneDVD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
copecope
_
15. November 2005 @ 20:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been using decrypter/shrink for quite some time but after having problems with some newer DVDs and hearing so much about AnyDVD/CloneDVD I bought them. Can anyone give me steps on how to use these programs or a link to some directions. I tried to decrypte madagascar using decrypter with AnyDVD running in the background and my read rate was .7 where before it was between 2.6 and 4. Guss Im not doing something right because all I hear is how fast it makes things. Couldent wait 3 hours for DVD to load to hard drive so I havent tried CloneDVD2 yet but would like info on it as well. Thanks for any help copecope
Advertisement
_
__
YOBUZZB
_
15. November 2005 @ 20:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nothing to it. Pop in DVD. AnyDVD will automatically decrypt. Open CloneDVD and click help. It will show all you need to know on how to use it.

"In all your getting, get an understanding!"

Dell Dimension DIM4600 Intel P4 CPU 2.66GHz 2.5GB-DDR 160GB-HDD Primary 80GB-HDD Slave Memorex 16x DL -/+RW Burner JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166 WinXP Home Edition SP3
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. November 2005 @ 21:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's a good guide for AnyDVD/CloneDVD:
http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/BACKUP%20WITH%20CLONEDVD&ANYDVD.pdf

Also check your drive settings and make sure your in DMA not PIO mode:
http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/checking%20DMA.pdf

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading; The few who learn by observation;
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves...
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. November 2005 @ 03:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And here is another great guide for CloneDVD and AnyDVD

http://club.cdfreaks.com/printthread/php?t=72022

copecope
_
16. November 2005 @ 07:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the feedback but still cant figure out how to use CloneDVD. I followed the directions but still no luck. Well while typing this I think I got it to work on another of my comp. But to do so I had to use decrypter with AnyDVD runing in the background save to a external hard drive and have CloneDVD open file from there and now it looks like its working. Is there a way you can use CloneDVD to load a pre shrunk version of dvd and burn from there? Sorry for all the questions but im new to this software and it seems very complacted. once again thanks for any help copecope
YOBUZZB
_
16. November 2005 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Of course! Just let AnyDVD decrypt in the background once you put in your disc. 2-3 secs tops. Then open CloneDVD and instead of browsing for the C:/ drive, browse for the Rom drive with the "pre-shrunk" movie disc and burn! That's it!

Dell Dimension DIM4600 Intel P4 CPU 2.66GHz 2.5GB-DDR 160GB-HDD Primary 80GB-HDD Slave Memorex 16x DL -/+RW Burner JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166 WinXP Home Edition SP3
copecope
_
17. November 2005 @ 18:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the feedback. The program is very simple once you learn it. Here are a couple of things that triped me up in case anyone else reads this to learn how to use. Like you said above select drive where dvd is and dont click on movie in drive or it will preview the movie and on the final step it will promt you to remove dvd and put in blank media. once again thanks for all the help and it is a very good and fast program copecope
YOBUZZB
_
18. November 2005 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad we could help! Enjoy!

_
21. June 2010 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by YOBUZZB:
Hello. I`ve had a problem recently, not being able to play some dvd movies on my computer and standalone dvd players. When i insert some dvds they play ok, but others don`t play and the attached comes up "warning-failed to read dvd etc.,. Also i checked the dvd region code in device manager, "4" for Australia, and when i insert any disc playing or not the code is changed to "1" when i insert any disc playing or not. Also when i eject the disc the region code has changed back to "4". I have anydvd installed. Is this some functionality of anydvd? Any ideas please?

Please note> I ran this drive info tool and the results can be seen in my attachment

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. June 2010 @ 19:00

YOBUZZB
_
22. June 2010 @ 12:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by deezalboy:
Hello. I`ve had a problem recently, not being able to play some dvd movies on my computer and standalone dvd players. When i insert some dvds they play ok, but others don`t play and the attached comes up "warning-failed to read dvd etc.,. Also i checked the dvd region code in device manager, "4" for Australia, and when i insert any disc playing or not the code is changed to "1" when i insert any disc playing or not. Also when i eject the disc the region code has changed back to "4". I have anydvd installed. Is this some functionality of anydvd? Any ideas please?

Please note> I ran this drive info tool and the results can be seen in my attachment

What software are you using to burn your disc. I suggest CloneDVD2 or Nero. Also is your burner +R or -R or both? You must use the proper disc for your burner unless it's a multi-format burner, in that case it doesn't matter and it's a simple matter of booktyping your drive to DVD-Rom so burned disc(s) will play on any player.

Also, what region do you live in? Are you in Australia or that region or are you in the U.S.? Region code 1 is for the U.S. and if it switches to 1 it's because the disc is from the U.S. Get back to me with that bit of info and we'll help from there.

_
22. June 2010 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

What software are you using to burn your disc. I suggest CloneDVD2 or Nero. Also is your burner +R or -R or both? You must use the proper disc for your burner unless it's a multi-format burner, in that case it doesn't matter and it's a simple matter of booktyping your drive to DVD-Rom so burned disc(s) will play on any player.

Also, what region do you live in? Are you in Australia or that region or are you in the U.S.? Region code 1 is for the U.S. and if it switches to 1 it's because the disc is from the U.S. Get back to me with that bit of info and we'll help from there.
(1) DVD Shrink and Nero Smart Start 8 (2) Discs are TDK DVD-r-Verbatim DVD+r DL-burner is LG HL-DT-ST dvd ram GH22ns50 scsi (3) Region 4 Australia. In dvd shrink there is provision to select region under backup. Mine was set to region free and i changed it to 4, but it changes itself back to region free. I can`t see anything in nero Smart Start to select regions.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
YOBUZZB
_
24. June 2010 @ 22:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

(1) DVD Shrink and Nero Smart Start 8 (2) Discs are TDK DVD-r-Verbatim DVD+r DL-burner is LG HL-DT-ST dvd ram GH22ns50 scsi (3) Region 4 Australia. In dvd shrink there is provision to select region under backup. Mine was set to region free and i changed it to 4, but it changes itself back to region free. I can`t see anything in nero Smart Start to select regions.

Ok so like I said before, you have to use the proper disc for your burner. You're using -R Verbatim disc on a +R burner. I'm surprised it's allowing you to burn them at all. Simply use +R Verbatim. It doesn't have to be +R DL. In my opinion, +R is more compatible with DVD players anyway, unless the DVD player is really old then -R is more compatible. Other than that, Shrink should be set to region free, that's fine, then burn with Nero.

Let me know how it goes or if you've got more questions.

_
25. June 2010 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Ok so like I said before, you have to use the proper disc for your burner. You're using -R Verbatim disc on a +R burner. I'm surprised it's allowing you to burn them at all. Simply use +R Verbatim. It doesn't have to be +R DL. In my opinion, +R is more compatible with DVD players anyway, unless the DVD player is really old then -R is more compatible. Other than that, Shrink should be set to region free, that's fine, then burn with Nero.

Thank You.(1)How do you tell that it is a +R burner? (2) The burner is not old. (3) Shrink is set to region free. (4)My computer region code device manager is set to 4. I set anydvd to australia, central south america as it was previosly set to united states canada-is that correct? Now, i just copied and burned a dvd movie onto a dvd+RW but at the end of the encoding a message (attached) reallocation of files failed (do you know what that means?) and a message (attached) backup of files completed etc.,. So then dvd shrink didn`t ask for a disc to be inserted to burn, i then went into Nero Smart Start and burned it through there. The movie played right through on our standalone dvd player whereas previously on a dvd-r it stopped half way through. I`ll have to test other movies to see if it`s been that i`m using -R and not +R. I must mention that i have a dvd movie already burned on a TDK dvd+R dl disc that goes to the language menu and says finished at bottom when i click on English.

_
25. June 2010 @ 05:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Thank You.(1)How do you tell that it is a +R burner? (2) The burner is not old. (3) Shrink is set to region free. (4)My computer region code device manager is set to 4. I set anydvd to australia, central south america as it was previosly set to united states canada-is that correct? Now, i just copied and burned a dvd movie onto a dvd+RW but at the end of the encoding a message (attached) reallocation of files failed (do you know what that means?) and a message (attached) backup of files completed etc.,. So then dvd shrink didn`t ask for a disc to be inserted to burn, i then went into Nero Smart Start and burned it through there. The movie played right through on our standalone dvd player whereas previously on a dvd-r it stopped half way through. I`ll have to test other movies to see if it`s been that i`m using -R and not +R. I must mention that i have a dvd movie already burned on a TDK dvd+R dl disc that goes to the language menu and says finished at bottom when i click on English.

To YOBUZZB---Did you see my reply starting with>Thank You.(1)How do you tell that it is a +R burner? etc., I don`t know where the attachments went to.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. June 2010 @ 05:46

YOBUZZB
_
25. June 2010 @ 11:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't see that but I have now. You list your burner as a +R burner. To tell for sure, goto My Computer, right click on your burner designated by the appropriate letter, write down and Google the Model of your burner to find out all about it, including the different formats it will burn if any. Also, if you've not updated the firmware for your burner, see if there's an update for it and do so. You can google for it as well. Again, The region code as you've got it is not an issue. No way for me to tell where those attachments are but my guess is that they are sitting in the open in your My Documents folder. I'm sure you've already checked the DVD Shrink and Nero folders so that'd be my guess. Also, I noticed you listed TDK +R DL disc. If you're using dual layered disc there's no need to shrink the movie. Unless you're putting more than one movie on it, otherwise a dual layered disc has 8.5GB of space so all dvd movies will fit without shrinking the file.

_
25. June 2010 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank You. (1) Sorry, but i can`t see where i listed my burner as +R. (2)I googled for the HL-DT-ST dvdram GH22ns50 burner info and formats but can`t find anything. (3)Yes i understand the DL discs. (4) I have been in touch with Slysoft Technical support and they say my burner supports just about everything>
# DVD-R: 22-fach
# DVD-R DL: 12-fach
# DVD-RW: 6-fach
# DVD+R: 22-fach
# DVD+R DL: 16-fach
# DVD+RW: 8-fach
# DVD-RAM: 12-fach

Last night i successfully burned a movie on Verbatim DVD+RW and TDK DVD-R. Thanks again for your concern.
YOBUZZB
_
26. June 2010 @ 00:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank You. (1) Sorry, but i can`t see where i listed my burner as +R. (2)I googled for the HL-DT-ST dvdram GH22ns50 burner info and formats but can`t find anything. (3)Yes i understand the DL discs. (4) I have been in touch with Slysoft Technical support and they say my burner supports just about everything>

Last night i successfully burned a movie on Verbatim DVD+RW and TDK DVD-R. Thanks again for your concern.
Yeah I Googled your burner as well and it is a multi-format burner. Since I don't have specs for your pc, I'm going to assume you need your firmware updated. Here's a link for your burner http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWAR...ware-TN02.shtml Click on it and update the firmware. Burn a movie using whatever you have available then play on your home dvd player all the way through and get back to me with the results. I wouldn't suggest using DVD +RW or -RW unless you don't plan to keep what you burn on it. The RW = ReWrite and is mostly used for recording TV the way people used VCRs to record the game or whatever. Quality does decrease over time as you rewrite on the same disc more and more. (You probably knew that but just a reminder)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. June 2010 @ 00:55

_
26. June 2010 @ 01:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Yeah I Googled your burner as well and it is a multi-format burner. Since I don't have specs for your pc, I'm going to assume you need your firmware updated. Here's a link for your burner http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWAR...ware-TN02.shtml Click on it and update the firmware. Burn a movie using whatever you have available then play on your home dvd player all the way through and get back to me with the results. I wouldn't suggest using DVD +RW or -RW unless you don't plan to keep what you burn on it. The RW = ReWrite and is mostly used for recording TV the way people used VCRs to record the game or whatever. Quality does decrease over time as you rewrite on the same disc more and more. (You probably knew that but just a reminder)
Thank You. I recently updated the firmware. Apparently LG had a problem so it was just updating TN02 that i already have. I used DVDRW just as a tester. I have made sure that region 4 is in my computer DVD Shrink and anydvd and the drive is region 4. See how it goes. Cheers
Advertisement
_
__

_
braxlord
Inactive
_
18. July 2010 @ 23:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the update guys. I'm actually planning to buy a clone so im trying to understand first how its gonna work.
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > need help w/ anydvd/clonedvd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork