Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dilemma
  Jump to:

Posted Message
carlmart
_
28. November 2005 @ 00:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I have the following dilemma: some films I have are splitted in two avi files, but the subtitle files I downloaded are in one whole part only.

As the sub file locks to the film time code to place the titles, I can only use it for part 1. I did try renaming for part 2 but the tc codes for that avi part are zeroed because of the split.

It would seem I have to two choices: either I paste the avi parts together to make one whole part 1 (how I don't know) or I split the sub text, re-writing the time-codes for second part (which could be quite tedious).

Which are my options to work this out?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. November 2005 @ 01:02

Advertisement
_
__
celtic_d
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. November 2005 @ 06:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like you said you basically have two options.
You can split the sub using Subtitle Workshop. Subtitle workshop doesn't support bitmap subs, but you said text so you should be ok.

To join the avi's you could use VirtualDubMod or AVIMuxGUI.
carlmart
_
29. November 2005 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To join the avi's you could use VirtualDubMod or AVIMuxGUI.

With VirtualDubMod, when I try toload the video part, I get a message saying "Warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag".

With AVIMuxGUI, I don't seem to get it on how to join both parts. It seems that it only splits parts, instead of joining them.
celtic_d
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. November 2005 @ 18:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Warning: nothing to output bframe decoder lag" just means that your source file uses bframes that aren't packed. Oh, also that you have an older XviD build. Since a while now that text was dropped for a plain black frame. Either way, it doesn't really matter, the message or black frame is generated by the decoder and isn't part of the stream.

AVIMuxGUI can join files. I have done so numerous times and it has worked fine. You just load both avi's, select them and then press the create data source button or whatever it is called.
Advertisement
_
__

_
carlmart
_
29. November 2005 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Perhaps the problem I had with VirtualDub and AVIMuxGUI is due to the fact that those avi files are Divx compressed.

In any case, what I did download and worked fine was Subtitle Workshop. Using it I could split the title and synchronize it alright. A powerful tool.

BTW: this time, when I download the avi files on Procoder, I can see the subtitles in its own video monitoring. So I guess it will decode them along with the images. Which is what I wanted: to burn the subtitles.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 29. November 2005 @ 22:36

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > dilemma

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork