User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 12:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > add subtitles in burned vcds
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Add subtitles in burned VCDs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
topito2
_
28. November 2005 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are there any ways to add subtitles in a VCD once it is burned? What I usually do is I conver the *.DAT file into *.AVI, then I convert the *.AVI file into VCD with the subtitles added (with WINAVI help) and burn it. The problem is that a lot of quality is lost during the process.
celtic_d
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. November 2005 @ 19:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
VCD specs only allow for hard encoded subs. No reason why you need to convert to AVI though. Just go DAT/mpg-->mpg, re-author and burn.
topito2
_
29. November 2005 @ 15:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
--------------------------------------------
VCD specs only allow for hard encoded subs. No reason why you need to convert to AVI though. Just go DAT/mpg-->mpg, re-author and burn.
--------------------------------------------
I'm sorry, but it seems I can't figure out the second part. How can I convert the *.DAT file to *.mpg? Should I just rename the *.DAT extension to *.mpg or should I use a software for that? How can I create a VCD with subtitles from the *.mpg file? I only know how to do that with *.AVI files.
Advertisement
_
__

_
celtic_d
AfterDawn Addict
_
29. November 2005 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Renaming will give you an mpg with a riff/cdxa header, which may be ok. VCDGear, ISOBuster, etc. can convert to a proper mpg.

Converting an mpg shouldn't really be much different from an AVI. I would frameserve the mpg via AVISynth, using textsub or VobSub to render the subs. Once the video is encoded, multiplex with the original audio, author and burn. No point re-encoding the audio.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > subtitle help > add subtitles in burned vcds

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork