User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 21:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > gran turismo 4 700 cars?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Gran Turismo 4 700 cars?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
SteveJoy
_
19. January 2006 @ 02:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,

I really love the Gran Turismo series, and I was very happy to hear that the new version (GT4)woud have up to 700 cars.

No I have played this game very much and I have completed about 64% of the game.
But I really don't have 700 cars avalible.
Perhaps maybe half those 700 cars, I believe not more than 350 cars are driveable.

At first I thought I had to complete the game 50% to unluck the other half of the 700 cars that where promished to me.
But after completing that 50% I noticed that that wasn't the key.

I have seen pictures on the internet of cars in GT4 that I have never seen in the game.

Does anyone know more about this, or is this 700 cars just a lie?

please share your info with me.

Let's Go
Advertisement
_
__
_
19. January 2006 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i think its 742 is the fun amount cant remember

to get all the car you need to buy every new/used/won/se cars to get them all it may just be a slight diffrance say you buy 1 car and win the same one there is a little bhp diff so thats how they make up over 700

Glitched
Suspended permanently
_
19. January 2006 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There are 700+ cars i did a codebreaker cheat and i got tones of cars

Sig Created Phantom69
_
19. January 2006 @ 22:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you cheat only joking thats how i got them all

SteveJoy
_
20. January 2006 @ 01:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anyone knows if all 700 cars are avalible from the start?
I mean when you buy your first car.
You can look at all the car factorys and look inside to see what they have to offer you, but you can't buy all of them.
Some of them you have to win.
There are even specials that you can't buy at a dealer(formula1, nike car etc.)

I have seen pictures of a auston martin db5 like the one from the James Bond movie's.
But if I look at the UK cars/Auston Martin dealer, the car is not there, neighther in the classic car section.

Perhaps there are more of those, probably yes.

But I now have the game completed for 64%.
and if i count all the different cars I have seen in the game, I count 350, maybe 400 but abselutely not 700.
and I know there are cars that look the same but have a different amount of BHP/other stats, but that won't be much.
maybe 15 total.

Anyway, I think it's strange.

isn't it that you have to complete a specific amount of % of game completion, so that the dealer's car list will be updated?

Let's Go

1 product review
_
21. January 2006 @ 01:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
alot of cars are only available on certain days, like the fancy black cars Toyota Gt1 Nissan R390 and some other one. THey are soo sweet like for example they are available for a week from day 665 or around there i think and other than that time frame there not available.

Playstation 2 ---- Matrix Infinity
Gamecube --------- Ninja Mod
Xbox 360 --------- Firmware Hack
Xbox-------------- Duo X2
PC---------------- Core 2 Duo e6850, 9800gtx, 4gig ddr2-8500, 780i Vista 64-bit
2IIPack
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. January 2006 @ 15:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This was a good game but mine got scratched so I sold it to EBgames.

Slim PS2
SwapMagic V3.6 + Fliptop
DVD Decrypter, ISO Buster, NERO
Maxell DVD+R Media, HP DVD-R Lightscribe Media, Verbatim DVD-R Media

Rebuilding PS2 Games Using DVD Decrypter, ISO Buster and NERO http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/197949
Patching PS2 DNAS ID To Play Online Using WinDip 1.7 http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=dnas2.html
PS2 NTSC DNAS ID Codes for Online http://www.grafhical.com/dnas/
Glitched
Suspended permanently
_
24. January 2006 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
wow eb games is a rip off,you should ahve sold it too ur friends

Sig Created Phantom69
_
24. January 2006 @ 12:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
GT4 is a cool game but i think i still prefer GT3. I like some of the new stuff but i hate the fact that they changed the classic tracks, in GT3 you knew those tracks to the maximum! Times were set in their thousands of second between me and my mates.

As for the cars, i only have about 60 cars in my GT garage (done 87% so far), and out of those i only play with about 5 of them nowadays...
Nurburgring is good fun, the oval is over-streched.

There's one thing that i still don't understand the reason why they took it away, in the original GT you could costumise the look of the car...

If it ain't broken it doesn't need fixing...
Newbies, look for it here first: http://www.google.co.uk/
The Holy List: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
Advertisement
_
__

_
7ty7
_
26. January 2006 @ 09:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey SteveJoy. Are you sure bout the DB5? I checked out the offical site and I haven't seen it on its list. P.S I agree with permiggs. The paint jobs were great.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > gran turismo 4 700 cars?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork