User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 03:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > matrix newbie thread
Show topics

Forums
Forums
matrix newbie thread
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jcburf
_
2. April 2003 @ 15:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wanted to start a thread for help concerning the matrix modchip. it sounds like a lot of newbies (such as myself) buy this chip. so any of u more experienced matrix owners that have any help, it would be much appriciated.

I just got my matrix 2 days ago...what do I do 1st? do I try to put it in or i hook the programmer up to my computer or what? im kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff, but im willing to learn.
-thanks
Advertisement
_
__
_
2. April 2003 @ 18:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got mine yesterday and i cant get the damn programmer to connect on anything. tried 5 different systems and cant get it. lemme know if you do! i'm thinking i got a bad programmer, but hopefully it's just something simple.

http://www.Lonero.net - friend of the forums, great guitar player
#afterdawn (well i have no idea where it is anymore)
.NRG
_
2. April 2003 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I havent got mine yet but this is what you do

Connect the matrix to the programmer, then connect the programmer to your pc via the printer cable, if that does work connect the programmer to the printer port directly and flash it with the bios you downloaded. Sorry cant tell you where to get it but its not hard to find. Also make sure you use a fresh 9v battery. Then once you program it then you install it in the xbox. Once it is installed in the xbox then you installed the dashboard you burn to a cdrw that you downloaded from a website. Sorry cant tell you where to get it but once again its not hard to find. Once those are install you just install your backups and your set. I just wish I had my chip...where did you guys order your matrixs from?

Well hope that helps also goto www.xbox-scene.com they have a lot of good tuturials there with a good forum for a lot of help as well.

Good luck on your xbox adventures.

Peace.
_
2. April 2003 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes i know all that stuff, my problem is the programmer itself, it wont recognize in any system. and btw, you're never suppose to use a cable, always connect the programmer direct. thats what i've always read. i got my matrix from easybuy2000.com

http://www.Lonero.net - friend of the forums, great guitar player
#afterdawn (well i have no idea where it is anymore)
jcburf
_
3. April 2003 @ 04:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i havent tried anything yet, thanks for explaining it for me .NRG. I'll probably have another question or two after I do that so expect me back here later
boomstick
_
3. April 2003 @ 21:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey i have a matrix and my problem is after i programm the chip and i try to load ne disc i've made...it will not read anything...i flashed a blu bios and it is blue so my bios should be working??? my chip flashes green in testing mode..and run it in mode 2 for solid green...i made a cd to install the dash wont read that and i cant read my backup of a game i made..ne suggestions
.NRG
_
4. April 2003 @ 01:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think its the cd you made. I know the xbox is picky about the media it uses if its cd rw. I just wish i had my chip so I could see.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. April 2003 @ 17:21

jcburf
_
4. April 2003 @ 17:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive downloaded bioxx flash something, and clone X onto my computer havent put them on the matrix yet. are these the right things? do I need more things? by the way, all I be using my matrix for is playing back-up games.

any help is much appreciated
jcburf
_
4. April 2003 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok, i must be stupid or something. i downloaded evoX dashboard and win I tried to put it on the chip, using WinLPC, it gives me the message "error programming LPC". I dont believe its the battery. anyone have advice for me?
.NRG
_
5. April 2003 @ 02:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The bios is what you load on the chip but that error sounds familar. Here is a great link I follow if I need help.

http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/matrixflash.html
jcburf
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
someone please help...me...Im so confused! I just can't flash my stupid chip. i have a new 9v, im using WinLPC to flash, im trying to flash evoX 6 blue bios. I just can't get it to go. I just want to be able to play burned games, do I even have to put anything on the chip? please anyone?
.NRG
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes you have to put the bios on the chip, sounds like your using a mtrix chip. Did you try to connect the programmer directly to your printer port and flash the chip from there. Once you get the bios on the chip you can install in on the xbox but you got to make sure the bios in on the chip first.
jcburf
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah i have it in my printer port.
jcburf
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it gives me an error saying "error reading LPC"
.NRG
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Still waiting for my chip to come so I'm not sure about that...stilling looking for a answer on it for you....in the meantime did you try a different bios?
jcburf
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ive tried blue and red with no luck--are there any other bios that I dont know about? and by the way, win i try to flash the bios on to my chip they are 256kb and are a .bin file so they should work
Advertisement
_
__

_
.NRG
_
6. April 2003 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - general discussion > matrix newbie thread

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork