User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 06:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > dvd2one guide with smartripper and nero
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD2ONE Guide with SmartRipper and Nero
  Jump to:

Posted Message
brobear
Suspended permanently
_
21. June 2004 @ 17:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mrlovkim

Well, you have a lot of options. It just boils down to what you want to use and the system resources you have to expend.

You said you have DVD2One and Smartripper. You can use that setup and burn with the Nero burning ROM. Note the 1st post on this thread.

Going with what you have in house, Nero, you already have a good software setup (that is if you have the Platinum pack with Recode2). The simple formula for recording is to have software that decrypts/rips the movie, analyzes and encodes, and burns the end product to fit the disk (that's in simple terms). You can have one program that will do the job or 2 or 3 to get the job done. Recode2 needs a decrypter to copy DVD movies. Background decrypter programs like AnyDVD and DVD43 (freebie)work with Recode2. DVD Decrypter and Smartripper give you a usable decrypted file. (Personally I go with HD files using ISO format and an emulator. That last is a little tricky for Newbies. So, read the manuals before you try anything fancy.)

My compadre Bigorange suggests using Recode2 with a background decrypter for ease (AnyDVD is the one I use). Anyway, I still like HD files.

Forgot to mention, DVD Decrypter (in the new version opens a screen to deal with region setups). Other decryption software gives similar options, you just need to go into settings. You just have to shop around for what you need and what is easy for you to use. Here at AD there are guides for using the programs. Sounds like most of what you want to know is in the Decrypter software section (CSS and region settings fall under encryption so decrypter/rippers handle the chores).

Edited for additional content.

'Brobear'

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. June 2004 @ 22:02

Advertisement
_
__
Mrlovkim
_
22. June 2004 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I thought was easy but seems there is so much to learn, I actually ony have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypyter, should I have more programs?

Al
brobear
Suspended permanently
_
22. June 2004 @ 01:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Shouldn't string folks along that are trying to help you.

DVD Decrypter is a great program for decrypting/ripping movie files to the HD (hard drive). You can use it to burn for DVD Shrink. It is a backup method and I don't really recommend it. There are those that swear by it because it is free. I am a realist, some things have to be purchased.

Go to the Nero site and download the trial package. Do not open the InCD portion. InCD is unnecessary and causes problems with some burning software. Shrink works exceptionally well with Nero. In fact you don't even have to open Nero when you use Shrink. Shrink does that for you. Shrink plus Nero is easy.

There are guides for the DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink here at AD and at Doom9.org. I would advise reading them. In fact, I downloaded the guides so I could use them for reference as I learned those programs.

If you decide to buy Nero, get the Platinum so you will have Recode2. Recode2 is a good DVD recording program that you can use with DVD Decrypter. Nero has guides for their software at the website. Learn something about background decrypters as well, AnyDVD and DVD43 (a freebie) are examples.

Here is just one of the threads discussing different software. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/90470
Read up on the different programs and don't get stuck on any particular one. Look at the different threads on the forums. A lot of info in the Newbie section. Too many people get stuck on freeware and miss some of the advantages of the retail packages. Personally I use both freeware and retail products. There are good ones in both categories. Just realize there are limitations.

Once again I emphasize, don't mess around with people trying to help you. We here at AD don't mind helping, but we don't like wasting our time (most of the time). Ask honest questions with real problems. Also, use the search function, you might find some of your questions have already been answered.

BTW you need to learn to post problems or questions in the correct forums and threads. This one was originally DVD2One and Smartripper.

'Brobear'

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. June 2004 @ 01:12

Mrlovkim
_
22. June 2004 @ 01:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sorry for being the wrong thread.

Al

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. June 2004 @ 01:16

brobear
Suspended permanently
_
22. June 2004 @ 01:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, if you have the Nero and Shrink, you have a good package to learn on. You only need to do one thing for now; read the DVD Shrink guide. Learn that and then you'll be ready to go on to others. Then learn how to use Decrypter. There are other programs in Nero besides the burning ROM (like Recode2), so learn something about it when you get a chance. Remember do not have the InCD on your system or you are asking for problems with burning software.

'Brobear'

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. June 2004 @ 15:39

Mrlovkim
_
22. June 2004 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wasn't jerking you around I thought I had those programs but I didn't, I said I am sorry for my mistake.

Al
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
22. June 2004 @ 05:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mrlovkim

Use the link below and follow this guide exactly as it's written. It's as close to a walkthrough as you will see and if you follow it you'll get your backups. BTW good choice with the Plextor PX-712A. Get back to me.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

"Please Read!!! Post your questions only in This Thread or they will go unanswered:

Help with development of BD RB: Donations at: http://www.jdobbs.com/
Mrlovkim
_
22. June 2004 @ 06:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you I heard Plextor is most likely is the best,:) I will print that out and follow it..

Thanks very much

Al
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
22. June 2004 @ 07:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You are welcome.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. June 2004 @ 05:01

brobear
Suspended permanently
_
23. June 2004 @ 01:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Patience, but not that of Job.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. June 2004 @ 05:02

_
8. February 2006 @ 12:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What is the latest version of DVD2One software?
brobear
Suspended permanently
_
8. February 2006 @ 15:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just click on the DVD2One link in your post. ;)

'Brobear'

_
8. February 2006 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks brobear! :)
brobear
Suspended permanently
_
9. February 2006 @ 05:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You're welcome. ;)

'Brobear'

Advertisement
_
__

_
sroyeton
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
23. May 2006 @ 22:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded DVD2One. On the download page it was suggested that
a DVD Decrypter be used, but, the one suggested was no longer available and Nero is too large for what it is wanted for, and it is rather expensive. For other DVD copy programs I use other Decrypters, DVD43 (Fengtao Software) and Patin Couffin (VSO). Would these work as a substitute for DVD Decrypter?

Related links
Download DVD2One from here.
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!
Download SmartRipper from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nero 12 activation 3 15. January 2014 Nero discussion
Help with NERO burning BluRay 2 22. December 2013 Nero discussion
DVD-DL Media keeps failing with Nero Platinum 12 6 7. December 2013 Nero discussion
A better way to burn Blu Ray disks...than using Nero! 3 30. October 2013 Blu-ray
which version of Nero to get for windows 7 OS ?? 2 26. October 2013 Nero discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > dvd2one guide with smartripper and nero

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork