User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 14:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > is it possible to "recover" a cd...
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Is it possible to "recover" a CD...
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Moguta
Inactive
_
12. May 2002 @ 19:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I accidentally left EncSpot on in the background (currently set to a directory in the CDR) while I was burning a new session on that CDR.

Using Easy CD Creator 4, it progressed all the way through closing the session even, but then the total progress bar reached 98% and wouldn't go any farther. EncSpot stopped responding, and I had to shut down Easy CD Creator. Any program that attempted to read from this disc would immedeatly quit responding, until the CDR was ejected.

Is there any way to possibly recover what's on the CDR, or is it irreperably corrupted?

Project Majestic Mix: A Tribute to Nobuo Uematsu
http://www.MajesticMix.com
Moguta
Inactive
_
13. May 2002 @ 12:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Err... sorry if I may have been confusing.

Me having EncSpot running during the burn only matters because the program automatically rescans a directory when it senses a change. I'm guessing that perhaps EncSpot tried to read the CDR as it was finishing up the burn, somehow corrupting the file-structure?

Project Majestic Mix: A Tribute to Nobuo Uematsu
http://www.MajesticMix.com
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > is it possible to "recover" a cd...

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork