User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 01:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > audio problems
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Audio problems
  Jump to:

Posted Message
handtruck
_
19. May 2002 @ 12:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an avi file that is perfect, but when I use tmpgenc, only the first 10 seconds has audio. I've converted many files and have never received this problem... What else is interesting is that when i use the "source range" screen and I can see the audio bars, no audio shows up for everything after the first ten seconds... Keep in mind that when I watch the avi file, the audio is consistently fine throughout... Any suggestions??
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
19. May 2002 @ 15:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Look at the WAV you have -- I assume its extremely short one? If so, you've tried to rip DTS audio and currently it can't be downmixed to WAV and therefor you don't have a correct audio. This is also one of these questions which have been asked too many times, so I suggest to use the search feature/browse through threads next time before posting :-)

Anyway, go to SmartRipper's destination directory (where you ripped the movie to) and look for the small .txt file -- it lists all streams found within the VOB files. Look for the first audio track -- name that mentally as "audio track #1" and count downwards the audios until you find something which says "English, AC3" -- this is the one you want. Then simply use AVI.cfm" class="forum_link" target="_blank">DVD2AVI and select the correct audio track and you get the correct English AC3 to be downmixed to 44.1kHz WAV that you can use with TMPGEnc.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > mpeg-1 and mpeg-2 encoding (avi to dvd) > audio problems

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork