Forums
Forums
cd-rw writer doesn't work
  Jump to:

Posted Message
corpus
Account closed as per user's own request
_
21. May 2002 @ 11:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can somebody help me, my cd-rw writer wont work properly when I put a disk in the writer it doesn't detect it. Even with MS explorer Iam asked to put in a disk. Is there anyone familiair with this problem and does he have a solution.
Advertisement
_
__
colpalmer
_
21. May 2002 @ 13:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wrong speed disk for the burner possibly?
wonderboy
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
21. May 2002 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
try a different disk if it keeps giving you the same problem the drive may be broke I had the same problem with my old burner... it wouldnt detect it I then got frustrated with it and shoved the cd tray it by force and it ended up finally detecting the disk I used that method a few times till I got my pay check and bought a new burner.
cd-rw.org

4 product reviews
_
22. May 2002 @ 00:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can always try uninstallin & re-installing the device to Windows, in case the OS is somehow screwed up. This kind of problem situations are always very difficlt to analyse since there are a million possible reasons for the problem.

The old school is back. All hail the new http://BitBurners.com !
corpus
_
26. May 2002 @ 01:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
problem seems to be solved my pc loaded 2 times driver acpi.sys thanks for your respons
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
26. May 2002 @ 06:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
corpus: Out of curiosity, how did you find out that your machine loaded it twice, or was it listed in autoexec/config files twice?

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
corpus
_
26. May 2002 @ 07:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRd, on the internet I found something about drivers and found the name of the driver ACPI.sys. In my PC I seeked for ACPI*.* and found this file in Winnt\system32\drivers and another file with the same name in a different map. I deleted the last one, and then it worked properly so now I am happy after a long time trouble and distress. Sometimes you search a long time and finally this worked out well

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. May 2002 @ 07:28

Advertisement
_
__

_
rickymint
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. May 2002 @ 09:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ref cd doent work
Re-install your opperating system over the top of existing one, if your writer was working untill recently
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r > cd-rw writer doesn't work

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork