User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 11:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > ask your vista questions here.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ask Your Vista Questions Here.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Dacian
_
7. February 2010 @ 13:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So...no one can help me out with my question?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. February 2010 @ 00:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A lot of us have never bought into the newest bad OS from Windows-Vista
wotsitfor
_
1. March 2010 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hav a question that microbrains cant awnser i cant update windows i get error 8000ffff went to microsux they say its a hkey_local_machine\componant has to be removed but they say to go into start search and put in redegit but this file can not be found any thoughts
_
1. March 2010 @ 18:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by wotsitfor:
hav a question that microbrains cant awnser i cant update windows i get error 8000ffff went to microsux they say its a hkey_local_machine\componant has to be removed but they say to go into start search and put in redegit but this file can not be found any thoughts
Go to start->run->type regedit
This will take you to the registry editing program. In there you can find the key they are saying to remove. If the "run..." link isn't visible, you can either type "run" into the start menu search or right click the start menu->properties->start menu tab(should already be there)->"Customize..." button->check "run command" box.

EDIT- Upon further inspection, I noticed you put 'redegit' which is not 'regedit.' If you put 'redegit' you (probably) won't find anything. Regedit however yields the appropriate link for me.
And holy *! This thread is still open?! I think I first posted here at least a year ago

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. March 2010 @ 18:41

wotsitfor
_
1. March 2010 @ 18:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
oh and its vista basic i have
wotsitfor
_
1. March 2010 @ 18:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you guys are gods among men thank you this is doing my head in the last month at least
Advertisement
_
__

_
wotsitfor
_
1. March 2010 @ 19:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
back again i done what they told me its gettin a bit further but now its coming up with error 80070057 microsux say its the mailbox server has to be micro 2ooo but they dont tell you how to fix it any suggestions

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - general discussion > ask your vista questions here.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork