User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > zero tolerance against "bad attitude" in console forums
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Zero tolerance against "bad attitude" in console forums
  Jump to:

Posted Message
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
14. August 2006 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As we've received a record number of complains about users in console forums not violating the letter of our rules, but instead having what I call "bad attitude" towards other members, we've given our moderators free hands for the time being to ban permanently, without warning, people who don't contribute to the forums with their messages, but instead, try to make everybody's lives miserable in forums.

What I mean are the people who don't offer any real help, but instead pick on others who are either asking for help or offering their help. I also mean people who want to play "semi-moderators", complaining in public threads about every frigging detail in each member's sig, punctuation, help they provide or help they are looking for -- without having actual moderator powers (and who wont use the "report an offensive post" button..).

So, violation against the normal written rules are still handled as usual, but as a special case, attitude problems in console forums will also get you banned. This is a limited time test, basically with instructions to shoot first, ask questions later (if ever), aiming to bring the console forums back to the quality they used to be, when they were a fun and friendly place to visit.

If you have happened to be banned in console forums for having a bad attitude, its useless to complain to our support about it. I've instructed our support personnel to reply with banning inquiries with phrase along the lines of "tough".

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > zero tolerance against "bad attitude" in console forums

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork