User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 11:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > new "helper functionality" added to forums
Show topics

Forums
Forums
New "helper functionality" added to forums
  Jump to:

Posted Message
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
15. June 2003 @ 15:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now some of the words/phrases in forum posts are automatically made to appear as links to assist our users to locate tools/more information/etc that are relevant to the discussion they're reading.

You can recognize these links by looking at their appearance. Unline normal links at our forums, these links are blue, but don't have underline (unless hovering over them). An example of these would be here: TMPGEnc

The problem is currently that phrases/words that end with something other than a space -- question mark, comma, etc -- wont be made as links. Also, some stupid occurences where longer word ends with a phrase found on our database, this will be tagged. Such example would be DVD-2-VCD or something similiar.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. June 2003 @ 19:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Damn good idea. Now i dont have to go searching for the url to supply to people.

I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
16. June 2003 @ 02:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, its kinda good idea, but bad implementation at the moment :-) I need to figure out a way to make it more reliable and handle commas/etc as well.
Staff Member
_
16. June 2003 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Another nice little feature from the master, thanks man! :-)
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
16. June 2003 @ 09:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, now it should be able to handle links with some other than space around it, such as TMPGEnc, VirtualDub-DVD2AVI, etc.

Webmaster

3 product reviews
_
16. June 2003 @ 09:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it's well handy , nice one boss
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. June 2003 @ 11:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can just picture Da Boss, sitting back in his computer chair smiling gleefuly at the computer screen at all this praise he is getting.
It wont last forever, so enjoy it ;-)

I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
16. June 2003 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Some further tweaking added. Testing VirtualDub this time.

Webmaster
Staff Member
_
17. June 2003 @ 08:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
I can just picture Da Boss, sitting back in his computer chair smiling gleefuly at the computer screen at all this praise he is getting.
It wont last forever, so enjoy it ;-)
In my experience of Afterdawn, this guy doesnt even take praise! Probably so used to it after 4 years that it means nothing to him now!
AfterDawn Addict
_
17. June 2003 @ 11:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dRD-Is it coming up if you put : after it? Look at this DVD Shrink:

I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
17. June 2003 @ 14:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oriphus: Nope, not yet. I'll tweak it more during this week and try to get it handle all kinds of weird situations.

Webmaster
Advertisement
_
__

_
Staff Member
_
17. June 2003 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
also TMPGEnc, doesnt seem to highlight when it is something like Tmpgenc I think, at least it did earlier anyway

AH, i see you either fixed that or i was seeing things again ;-) please forget! lol

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. June 2003 @ 16:06

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > new "helper functionality" added to forums

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork