Show topics

Forums
Forums
Q on DVD Burners
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Goose69
_
27. October 2001 @ 02:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, there are a new rash of DVD Burners from Pioneer, Hewlett Packard and others. Plus competing formats of DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R, etc., etc.

The questions I have are:
1) Would it be possible to to burn Multiple "movies" onto a 4.7gb disk where you had a menu selection created and you could pick which movie to watch? Without getting too specific, what I am trying to create is a DVD that has multiple VCD movies on it instead of breaking them up across CD-R's. Follow me?

2) There are fantastic guides to go from DVD to VCD, SVCD, etc. But anyone know of a guide to go from ripped DVD to DVD? And of course I am talking about NON copy-righted material.

THANKS!!!!!!!
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
27. October 2001 @ 04:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
1) Sounds clever :-) I would probably try to see if the standalone DVD player and/or DVD burning software (Nero..) would allow you to create just simply 4.7GB VCD, burn it to DVD-R and watch it with the standalone DVD player. And same test for SVCD of course. Can't say if it works or not, but I would put my money on "yes it does work" because miniDVDs work as well and basically now we're just talking doing the stuff vice versa. Shit, someone, send me a DVD burner ,-)

2) No solutions for not losing _any_ quality yet. Only way that I know (and other sites suggest as well) is to rip the movie, encode it to "clean" MPEG-2 with TMPGEnc by using TMPGEnc's DVD templates and authoring it with SpruceUp and burning it with Nero.
Goose69
_
27. October 2001 @ 13:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
:-)

Well my experiment has begun but it is going to take some time. Here is the scenario:

* 3 PCs ripping, and converting to VCD using all the standard stuffs of 3 DVD's
* I am going to use Ulead's Video Studio 5 for DVD authoring (titling, transitions, etc.)
* Burn a DVD-R "movie" of this project and stick it in my regular Sony DVD player (700p)

In "theory" this experiment to make a 4.7gb project of 3 VCDs should work.

I will let you know my outcome tomorrow when all the rippin' and converting is done.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rtamna
_
23. November 2001 @ 15:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok. so what happened? you never posted ur results. My name is Rupinda I am sexy girl.

bye
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > q on dvd burners

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork