User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 08:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > help! hard drive security frozen can not lock hard drive(fixed but may help you)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
help! hard drive security frozen can not lock hard drive(fixed but may help you)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
paul257
_
26. August 2006 @ 05:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well heres what happened

first i cloned my xbox hd using xboxhd and everything went well untill i tried to lock it using xboxhd it gave me the following err

drive on primary master is frozen, can not change the security status of a frozen drive! try to disable 'automatic detection' on the primary ide channel in your pc bios and reboot

have a comcrap so my bios options suck and the only thing i can find remotly to automatic detection is "apic" i disabled it and rebooted and still no go....

so i said screw it ill figure it out later and put it aside

well now i really need to figure this out cause now i know its the the hdd... i screwed up the dashboard files on my orig hdd when trying to install xbmc as a dashboard... so i hooked up the orig moded hdd to the comp ran xboxhd unlocked it and restored the c: partion. then i tried to lock it and got the err again

drive on primary master is frozen, can not change the security status of a frozen drive! try to disable 'automatic detection' on the primary ide channel in your pc bios and reboot

http://img215.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frozenys8.png
pic is of hd x lock

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. August 2006 @ 06:08

Advertisement
_
__
_
26. August 2006 @ 18:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your best bet would be a modchip, coupled with slayers or AID for relocking.

paul257
_
26. August 2006 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i dont want to use a mod chip.... i have found out that the problem may be my compaq mother board is freezing the security on the hdd check out http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=help is there any way around the problem of the mother board freezing the secuitry. has anyone else had this problem
paul257
_
26. August 2006 @ 21:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well i fixed it..... i had to wait till the computer booted xboxhd and then attach the hdd so my motherboard would not freeze it and then run the locking program and it now works again
_
27. August 2006 @ 09:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well Im glad you got this whole thing sorted out.

untoldlie
_
7. September 2006 @ 23:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im dealing with the same problem and i tried to do what he did but when i connect my hard drive my computer wont see the hard drive. My computer says to connect the hard drive and reboot so what do i need to do
paul257
_
8. September 2006 @ 23:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
another problem i came across it does matter which ide cable that the xbox harddrive and the cd/dvd drive is conected to. try switching the cables but it if you get errs about the security boot you compute with the harddrive ide cable unatached and then load xboxhd program's main menu then attach the hard drive. if it dont work switch the ide cable on the harddrive and the cd rom.... see if that helps...
_
18. May 2010 @ 04:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yep, take the dvd out and rep-lace with hdd then put dvd rom on the second ide slot. i to have the hdd unlock/lock issue, i will try the attaching hdd after xbhm boots. let yall know tommorow!!!
Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
18. May 2010 @ 08:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is this a record for the oldest thread resurrection?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
18. May 2010 @ 19:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
WORKS!!!!!! all is good,,
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > help! hard drive security frozen can not lock hard drive(fixed but may help you)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork